The tones of love

The tones of love

A Story by HannahM
"

Love is found. Love is expanded. Love is lost. Sometimes love leaves an emotional scar.

"

When,why,how. The questions i ask myself daily. When will it happen? Why am I too afraid to ask him out? How would I ask him out? He is just so amazing and I'm well me. I have wanted to ask Ethan out since at least 5th grade. But here I am a 12th grader still desperately trying to get him to like me. I have no doubts I love him. But now I wonder does love really conquer all?


This morning while I was eating my breakfast my mom came in and decided to play a round of 20 questions about Ethan. Has he asked you out? Is he going to? Do you still like him? How old is he? It didn't really faze me since she does this every morning but then she hit a nerve. "You're too young for love anyways," she declared. I was pissed. She doesn't know a single thing about love. She met my father when she was 15 and was pregnant with me by the time she was 16. I was born and my father left. She never seen him again. So her opinions on love are worthless to me. She knows that.


Today at school while I was dreading yet another week of classes Ethan came up to me. Before he even began speaking I had experienced multiple emotions. "Hey maya,". A simple sentence. That caused so much hope. "Hi" I replied nonchalantly. "So I know it's only a few days before senior prom but I was wondering if the most  beautiful girl in this school would go with me" I of course had to be a smart a*s replying "if you want the most beautiful girl in this school then you are wrong to ask me". He laughed. More jokes were made. I am going to prom with Ethan the boy of my dreams.


My mom was just as shocked as I was. I could tell by her face but she just said that's great honey I'm happy for you. That night I was on the phone with my friend correction best friend for three hours talking. We made plans to go dress shopping the next day.


Dress shopping. More like war zone.People were everywhere fighting over dresses and gossiping about the important stuff. After 2 hours of shopping April and I decided on a long flowy navy dress. It is beautiful. Now I just have to be.


Prom is in 1 hour. I'm so nervous. How will this go? Will he fall in love with me? Is this the beginning or the end?


I arrived at prom a nervous wreck. After so much prep for prom I was still scared. As I searched the crowd for Ethan I felt a tap on my shoulder. I twisted on my heel delighted to see Ethan. We danced for hours straight then decided to take the party elsewhere. We booked a hotel and started in until I stopped. "We shouldn't" I said. "What are you scared" he said in a dark tone I never seen on him. "No" I stuttered a little scared. "Fine go" he said clearly angry. He grabbed me by my wrist and shoved me at a wall. I slowly slide down the wall. "Go" he screamed intensely. That was just the beginning.


Every day after school we would go his house. He would tell his parents we were going to watch TV in the basement. Then there he would take me to the back of the basement and say "Oh looks like my girlfriend still doesn't want it". After that he beat the hope out of me. He made sure never to leave a visible mark. Only an emotional one. 

© 2015 HannahM


Author's Note

HannahM
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

As someone reading this for a contest, you have no chance on winning because of the bad punctuation. Besides that, it's pretty good, through the way you show time is very strange and the last paragraph seems very disconnected.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 8, 2015
Last Updated on June 8, 2015

Author

HannahM
HannahM

About
Hi I'm Hannah and im a beginning writer. In 12 years old and want to work in writing whether I'm a journalist or author. more..