Suicide

Suicide

A Poem by Hidden Happiness

One second the world is so beautiful
One cut I don't wanna leave
I wanna live my life in all its beauty 
Live a life free from someone's false pity
And stand tall with my head held high.

Its funny how the fear of death just drives you over the edge
When you know you don't wanna live
But still afraid to breathe your last breath.


Its funny how when you know you are gonna die
And Death is knocking on your door
He's gonna take you to the sky
And then you suddenly wanna live
You learn your responsibilities, your dreams are now too vivid
You don't want your life to end
The importance of life, you slowly comprehend
As that minute's decision makes you feel like a criminal
Guilty for leaving your loved ones behind, so sad and lonely.

Its funny how the world seems so peaceful
And the darkness slowly disappear
When you have death breathing on your neck.

© 2012 Hidden Happiness


Author's Note

Hidden Happiness
don't know if this is a poem, don't know why i wrote but i just did:).

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A topic which needs much debate, my friend, when all hope is lost, we may yet have a tiny opening in a corner, but we're blinded with it all, to see it. it is matter to be debated in the parliament of your head, because when all seems haywire, there might yet be order among the chaos.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hidden Happiness

11 Years Ago

That 's true..thanks for reviewing:-):-):-D.
I loved loved loved the last line, "When you have Death breathing on your neck", it really gives a hugely vivid image of dying, even if that's not the way I picture it, it does leave a lasting impression.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow this is truley amazing! I love it and it speaks to me cause I have had this happen to me many times and It scares a person to think like this and to know this may be your last day on this earth and many people cant go thru with there plans or choices. it is sad for those who actually go thru with suicide. This is truley an amazing peice!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hidden Happiness

11 Years Ago

Oh thank you so much...it means a lot:-).
I think this is more of a soliloquy. I like the grouping of the lines. It has both symmetry and asymmetry. It's like walking past a room where the door is partially ajar and pausing, we hear someone talking to their knife or gun or other instrument of their deceasation plan. As gloom and despair goes, this is right up there with the best. Congratulations... on not following through?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hidden Happiness

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much$:-).
very beautiful. Love the imagery.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well geez, nothing like a near-death experience to give you a pep talk. "Are you feeling down? Try suicide! You'll wanna pop right back up again. Just hope you fail." "Sick of living? Try suicide! It's a new perspective. Just hope you fail."
Eh, sorry. I don't mean to offend anyone. I know how serious suicide is and the effects it can have on people and all that, believe me. Joking is the only way I can really deal with it without getting emotional.
People don't tend to realize that death is a permanent solution to temporary problems. By the time they figure that out, it tends to be too late. Your poem shows that perfectly. I love the last stanza; it's such a powerful ending. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hidden Happiness

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much:-).
I see it as a poem, but would also make an interesting flash fiction, if you elaborated more on the situation: why is the speaker feeling this way? Triggers? THanks for sharing! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Its funny how the fear of death just drives you over the edge
When you know you don't wanna live
But still afraid to breathe your last breath.
My favorite part! You've got talent and you're using it well! 100/100 =)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hidden Happiness

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much:-).
.

11 Years Ago

no problem =)
A very dramatic poem that excellently looks at the contradictions in ending your own life. Most people thankfully understand that they can`t destroy their parents of friends that way. What you did very well is to talk about the last choice, where everything is reduced into a simple question. Life is complicated, but it is worth keeping up and running, hope can never be destroyed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hidden Happiness

11 Years Ago

That is very true....thank you so much:-).

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 22, 2012
Last Updated on August 22, 2012
Tags: death, suicide, sadness, life, beauty, peace

Author

Hidden Happiness
Hidden Happiness

wonderland, words city



About
Ummm what to say, well writing along with music has been my best friends who helped me out in every difficulty, picked me up when I was down and wiped away my tears to put a smile on my face. I love r.. more..

Writing
Humba Humba

A Story by Hidden Happiness



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Giving In Giving In

A Poem by Nicole