The Hidden Children

The Hidden Children

A Story by HappyAccident
"

It's all about looks in the land of Windsor Hollow and if you don't have that then you don't have anything .

"
The Oggsworths go back three generations with the last two living in  the same house .Monroe and Seneca were brought together through an arranged marriage .Seneca is part of one of the wealthiest and highly respected families in Windsor hollow .She was the town beauty with every family wanting to arrange a match with their son. Her parents were very picky in fear of their lovely daughter creating grotesque grandchildren. Their searches were conducted from sun up until sun down looking for a man with a face of a god. Every unwed man in town stood in line patiently hoping to get even a glimpse of the land-ridden goddess, but instead getting her parents’ disapproving eyes. On Seneca’s seventeenth birthday, she made the decision to tell her parents of wanting to go into a convent and dedicate her life top god if they didn’t find anyone in the next three days .However, before she could even speak to them on the matter her mother announced that a spouse had been selected and she was to meet him that very evening .She was amazed, anxious to see the man that plastered the smile on her mother’s face. Later that day, she was awakened and put in her finest gown and given a necklace placed with diamonds and sapphires that weighed heavier than her Scottish terrier. “A gift for this very special occasion” her mother told her as she placed it on her swan-like neck. Walking down her massive stairs she self consciously fixed her hair three times and practiced her introduction thoroughly in her head. Walking down the last few steps(thankful that she hadn’t fallen ) she scanned the room for her parents’ approval ,but they weren’t looking at her .Slowly ,she followed their gaze and paused stunned in silence forgetting her speech. There he was, the magnificent being standing across from her looking just as satisfied as herself. Both sets of parents let out a sigh of relief knowing that the wedding would go smoothly.
In a short four months Monroe revealed  that he and Seneca were expecting their first child .The following months went by quickly everyone preparing for the baby .The soon to be grandmothers sewing little onesies and picking out the perfect bassinet .The men ,Monroe included ,talked of possibly gaining a male heir to carry on the Oggsworth’s good name.  Everyone was excited but one, Seneca.She was frightened for the little one knowing what waited for it if it wasn’t flawless. She knew the truth, it was an Oggsworth custom that has been going on for two hundred years.If the child had any misfortune whether it be a small lisp or birthmark out of the ordinary ,a lazy eye or anything that would make anyone think it anything less then perfect it would disappear. Where ,only the two elders knew and wouldn’t speak of it to anyone .Seneca pleaded with god that she may keep this babe with her forever.
One day she asked her mother to take a walk with her through the garden hoping to get some answers before her lying in .The conversation started off light as she listened to her mother speak of the nursery plans and recommendations for well-known wet nurses .With a nod here and a laugh there it was almost believable that Seneca was actually paying a spec of attention even with her mind racing with all the questions that are nipping at her heels.
“Mother, may I ask you something? It is of my…other siblings. “she said quickening her speech as she cut her mother off.

© 2010 HappyAccident


Author's Note

HappyAccident
I wrote this story primarily for my sims (sims 2 ) blog so I figured I'd get thoughts about it from you guys.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I want to know the answer to the question, darn it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Cool story!! But like Ice QueenJen said you should break up the story a little bit so it's easier to read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love it. Very beautiful written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


its a great storyline, although you should break it up into paragraghs more. It would be a lot easier to read then, but I like how you got her to think of what happened to her brothers and sisters. Eventually that would happen to her own child if it had any flaws. A believable story too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


thank you

Posted 13 Years Ago


Fantastic! I liked this a lot!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I hope this has a part 2!
very good story, but you do need to add more paragraphs, shorter breaks invite a reader to partake:) Long block paragraphs may cause some to over look a wonderful take.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It was nice; the material was very good, but you needed to work on spacing and formatting.

That is all, though!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is truly awesome, I love the Sims and
I love this write..Very clever and enjoyable...

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Very interesting, good job

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

689 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 18, 2010
Last Updated on November 18, 2010

Author

HappyAccident
HappyAccident

Virginia Beach, VA



About
I like to think that I contribute to society in my own special way.I shower daily,deliver witty blog post (when I feel like it) and recycle .You could call me a loner...well because everyone else does.. more..

Writing
Coitus Coitus

A Poem by HappyAccident



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..