The Doll

The Doll

A Story by Jill
"

Hadley Bohannon has grown out of dolls, and on her 13th birthday her great aunt gives her the ugliest one she has ever seen. Strange events began to happen and Hadley must prove it's the doll.

"
It was ugly. My great aunt seriously has no idea what modern teenage girls like me want. I'm Hadley Bohannon, today it's my 13th birthday. I live in Montgomery, Alabama with my mom Jackie and dad Howard. My great aunt is rich and she decides to give me an ugly old doll she probably found deep in the dumpster. "What do you say dear." My mom said.
What do I say, how about take it out of my face. It's revolting to stare at and i'm clearly to old for dolls. "Thanks." I mumble checking my new phone. It's an Iphone 5. The only useful thing and it was from my mom. My grandma got me sweaters, which I already have like a 100 pairs. I look over at the doll again. It gave me goosebumps.
"It's been in my family for generations." My great aunt delivers a huge grin. If I were alive back then I would have never given it to my kids. She doesn't have any kids, but you'd think she would have given it to my mother. 
The adults made small talk until they all departed one after another. Last was her. My great aunt. She wants to see me holding the doll so she can snap a picture. "Come on." My mom encouraged me and threatened to take away my phone. Seriously. On my birthday.
It reached nightfall and I was sent to bed. The doll lied on my chestnut brown dresser. It's eyes were filled with hatred. I focused deeply into them. Something popped. I screamed. Running in came my father. "What's wrong dear?" He looked at me. "You popped a blood vessel." 
"It was the doll." I shrieked.
"What?"
"The doll did it." I pointed at the smiling cracked bald doll. "I was viewing it and it popped." 
"I will not listen too this nonsense." My father quickly exited leaving me by myself.....and the doll. I look over at it. I can't take this I get up and cover it with a pillow case. I get back under my covers and drift off to sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"HADLEY!" I dashed up awake. I walked into the living room. It was a mess. The pillows were thrown off, the blankets scattered across into the kitchen, and the furniture upside down. "What is the meaning of this." My parents were angry.
"I didn't do it." I insisted but they didn't believe me.
"Then who would have done this?" My mom asked.
I shake my head. "I don't know but it wasn't me." I think and run back into my room. The doll's missing. I run back. "It was the doll!"
My father shakes his head as my mother looks at me with deep concern. "This nonsense again."
"I'm serious, it's not on my dresser no more." I was more curious then scared. "Where do you think it is?"
He gives me a stern look and walks into my room. I come in behind him. NO! The doll is sitting right on the dresses with the pillow case covering it. "It's not there anymore, huh?" He walks away but turns around briefly. "Stop bullshitting us Had.... give me the phone."
"What?"
"You heard me, give me the phone." He drops his hand in front of me. I grab the phone from my desk and hand it to him. "And your grounded." He slams my door shut making the pillow case fall off the doll.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am determined to prove the doll is real. I can have it in my room. I pull the sheets off of me and grasp the doll aggressively and toss it out of my room. I think it cracked even more. I go to bed.
I wake up hearing a voice singing. "The little girl was lonely, and wanted to summon the great." It got closer. "The young leader would choose the girl's fate." I sit up. "The girl was known as the chosen one. Her name was Hadley Marie Bohannon."
"Go away!" I scream and the door creeps open.
On my wall I see a tiny shadow figure. "But don't you want to play Hadley." Tears swell up in my eyes. "We love to play, we've been watching you." 
I hide under my covers. I whisper "Please god, don't let me die know."
"We've seen you since birth, you were such a lonely child having no brothers and sisters. You would play with us all day. Then you grew up, turned 12 and you just abandoned us like we were trash! Got other friends!"
I lift the covers and she a flock of dolls. My dolls I had played with when I was younger. And the hideous doll stands in the middle of them. "Don't kill me."
Giggles fill my room. The sound is piercing. "You are our friend...were. But we do want something."
I shake and sweat from fear. "What?"
"Your soul." 

© 2012 Jill


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really good story

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting. In my opinion the huge letters at the end are awkward. It would have been just as effective in the same size as the rest of the story.

There are a lot of grammar and spelling things. You might want to go back through and do some editing.

Also, your story seems a little choppy and rushed, just in my opinion.

Good imagery, and vivid pictures.

Nice job.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2012
Last Updated on December 23, 2012
Tags: Doll, Haunted, Possesion

Author

Jill
Jill

Lawrence, KS



About
I love to write Horror Stories, especially original ones. I also write Drama's and read them and Horror most often. I live in Kansas and i'm 19. more..