Midnight Crossing

Midnight Crossing

A Story by Havatara

Marie sat on the cold stone steps of the insane asylum, staring at the winter sky.  Her black hair was messed up from the December wind, her fingers blue and numb.  She didn’t care.

    “Marie, come inside at once,” said the cranky Mistress Mae, the doctor from Connecticut.  She glared down over her reading glasses at the pale fourteen-year-old.

    It didn’t seem like Marie heard her at all.  She had seen something and had gone into one of her “crazy modes.”  But she wasn’t seeing things.  She wasn’t crazy.

    Finally Marie replied, “May I stay out for a few minutes longer?”

    Mistress Mae sighed, shaking her head as she turned.  But when she was facing away from the girl she smiled even more crazily than some of her clients.

    Marie stared at the full moon above her, wishing the horrible images away.  The images that had sent her parents to a nursing home fifty years early, four years ago, from being gravely disabled.

    Her watch beeped, and Marie glanced at it.  Midnight.  She turned her alarm off and went back to staring at the moon.

    There was a growl from directly in front of her.  Her head snapped down to find . . . nothing.  She warily returned to moon gazing.

    Another growl.  This time she jumped up and demanded, “What do you want with me?”  No reply.  People passing by glanced at the building she was standing in front of and wrote her off as a cook, just like everyone else.

    Then the werewolf attacked her, leaping from the shadows and ripping out her throat before she seven had the chance to scream.  No one had witnessed it.

    It neatly disemboweled her, one organ at a time.  By the time it was done the only thing you could recognize were her limbs and her face, forever frozen in a terrified expression.

    When it had left, Mistress Mae walked out and clicked her tongue, sipping a cup of tea.  She said to herself, “My my.  I must teach them not to make such a mess!”

 
 
 

© 2010 Havatara


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was actually quite scary, especially the description about the werewolf's attack and th way the nurse was indifferent to the killing. This is awesome work, keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh my god it was awesome!! I was so cool, that the person knew and stuff. Awesome!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2009
Last Updated on September 22, 2010

Author

Havatara
Havatara

The Town That Moved, St. Louis County, MN (aka Hicksville), MN



About
My birthday is November 12, 1994. I was born and raised in Minnesota and am loving it, despite the mosquitoes and the six month winter. It would be AMAZING if you reviewed something of mine if I r.. more..

Writing
Me and You Me and You

A Poem by Havatara


Nightdemons Nightdemons

A Poem by Havatara