The Pageant

The Pageant

A Story by Hayden
"

This is a story about when I was in a pageant

"

The Pageant

It was the summer of 2014, and Hayden was on her way to the National American Miss pageant. This was her first pageant that she has ever been in. Hayden had to pay $380 for the pageant and she got her dress for free. She was a state finalist in the pageant and she was very nervous. The pageant was taking place in Columbia, MO and it was about a 3 hour drive. During the drive Hayden slept and was looking over what she was going to say during the interview portion of the pageant.

They arrived at the hotel and they unpacked, right after they had to go get all the information for the pageant. She was number 71 at the pageant and she got ribbons just for participating at the pageant. Everything was so close together that she barely had any relax time. There were rehearsals in between the modeling sessions. Hayden signed up for the Top Model Photo Shoot and the Casual Wear Runway.

It was time for rehearsals and Hayden was very nervous. They said she did great for the interview session and their advice was to just be yourself and have fun. It was now time for runway rehearsals and she kept going down the wrong side of the platform. It is now time for the runway and Hayden was a natural. She felt so free on stage and the judges were smiling at her.

The next day Hayden had formal wear rehearsals and she was so nervous. She had the Top Model Photo Shoot right after rehearsals and she dressed as a cowgirl. She was having trouble deciding what poses to do. The photographer was very nice and helped Hayden out. She felt like a natural and had a lot of fun. She got to review her photos before she left and she liked all of them. Thanks to the photo shoot, Hayden now knows that she loves the camera and wants to be a model.

Hayden had about an hour to eat and hang out with her new friend JoAnna, they are more like sisters than they are friends. It took forever to get the food and they almost left without eating. They had to hurry back to the hotel to be able to do the actual interview. Hayden didn’t do as well as she hoped and everyone thought she was going to do great. Hayden didn’t know what she did wrong.

There was an hour before the formal wear competition and everyone had to learn a dance. They were just now learning it and there was no way they were going to do well when it is time to dance in front of everyone. They danced to the song Applause and it was a fast paced song.

The song started to play and everyone rushed onto stage to get to their places. The dance was a mess and everyone was going in different directions. Hayden kept forgetting the way she was supposed to go so everyone kept telling her to go the other way. She was so embarrassed and thought everyone would laugh at her.

It’s now time for the formal wear competition and nobody told her that her dress was twisted. The whole time she felt like her dress was going to fall down in front of everyone. Her dad walked her on stage and gave her a bouquet of roses, Hayden was very happy but nervous at the same time. She got pulled off stage at the end because she was going to get a trophy for participating in the advertising.

The award ceremony was coming up and Hayden was nervous to see if she would win anything. Hayden’s name was never called, all she got was a trophy for being a state finalist and participating in the ads. Hayden was disappointed that she didn’t win and that the person who won was one of the snottiest ones there. Hayden learned that she got something out of it, a new friend and interviewing skills.

It was time to pack up and go home and they stopped at Steak ‘n’ Shake for the first time. Ever since Hayden went to Steak ‘n’ Shake it’s all she wants. The pageant was so stressful that Hayden never did a pageant again. She got home and that Saturday she got her first job. If she hadn’t gone to the pageant, she wouldn’t have the interviewing skills that she has now.

© 2015 Hayden


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on December 14, 2015
Last Updated on December 14, 2015

Author

Hayden
Hayden

MO



Writing
The Last Day The Last Day

A Story by Hayden