Within Beauty

Within Beauty

A Poem by Hayley

Within beauty the meadowlark

    Laments to the field of blond, 

For past a singing of the sun

    Is serenity to the sets of beyond. 

In the meadow he cries

    Upon wings of rolling distance,

For the golden ground he dwells 

    Amid heaven’s incandescence.

Within beauty the meadowlark

    Upon rolling wings flies

To the singing sets through hills beyond

    In glorious, baying skies. 

© 2011 Hayley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is interesting. You create a duality between this beautiful, almost angelic scene and then contrast it with the laments of a bird. I like the term laments too, it signifies, to me, that ultimate personal suffering. I took a whole semester last spring studying the bible from a literary standpoint, and I think...it was in Psalms(maybe?)… where you had the songs of lament. There was such desperation in the laments, like a call to the father was the last rational option they had, nothing earthly could save them from their personal struggle.

This poem took me to a moment when I was sitting here, on my computer, back when the violence first broke out in Lebanon. I was on CNN.com reading an article about the uprising and all of the civilian casualties, then all of a sudden my Pandora started playing a "wonderful world" and I just got the weirdest feeling. I appreciate your poetry; you have your own voice and your own poetic eyes. I’m going to let this piece simmer in my head a while. Cheers! Happy Turkey Day!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this fits my current mood....ethereal...and illuminating. When reading this...I want to linger in that moment forever...its pure magic...I love the fantasy. x
100/100

Muse

Posted 12 Years Ago


How beautiful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are such a beautiful writer. Enjoyed the flow and excellent words. Thank you

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love how you take such an image from nature and breathe a flame into it so we all can see vividly through your eyes... Please don't ever stop writing... your were born for such a time as this...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful. Funny, I love how you used blond, but I would never have thought of that. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful imagery. Stunning piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your diction, cadence, and use of appropriate poetic devices astound me. Thank you for elucidating the joys of rhyme and rhythm with such a mellifluous poem. I think most reviews have already pointed out the absolute beauty of this work. The contradistinction, the duality, the complex nature of the personification all lend hands to mould this very memorable poem. 100/100 if you ask me, and going in my library!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful words, beautiful picture you paint. A lovely piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Painted pictures abound here. Storytelling in poetic form ay it's finest.
Very nice work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


majestic would be if we were the meadowlark viewing the same beauty ...nice flow of poetic thoughts Haley...

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1224 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 22, 2011
Last Updated on November 22, 2011

Author

Hayley
Hayley

OH



About
I'm a 21-year-old undergraduate college student majoring in business. I'm not on the cafe as much as I would like to be. Don't be a stranger. Side note: I do not rate writing. This is eye-op.. more..

Writing
Torrent Torrent

A Poem by Hayley


Stargazers Stargazers

A Poem by Hayley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Succubus Succubus

A Poem by Muse


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT