LOVE BLOOMS IN HATRED.

LOVE BLOOMS IN HATRED.

A Story by Akira

Today I layed in bed for hours with my finger hovering over the button that would call you. I didn't know why I wanted to call. I don't even know if you wanted me to call. I didn't know if you would hang up or beg for forgiveness. I felt sick.

My mind was an endless pit of wonder, why did you do the things you did? Why did you tell lies? Why did you do this to us? It wasn't me. It was you. That's all it was and ever will be. You had said you hated me. Did you mean it? Do you hate me? Of course you do. Love blooms in hatred. You loved me so much you hated me for it, anybody could see that.

I stared at your name on the screen for fifteen minutes, saying it over and over again in my head trying to remember what it's like to hear your voice. I couldn't remember it. I can hear your laugh but I can't hear your voice. Will your laugh eventually fade away from memory in time too? I think that's what scares me the most. Pretending like you didn't exsist.

I finally built up the courage to call you, I needed to know you were okay. I needed to know you weren't lying cold against a wall, surrounded by alchohol and drugs, dead. I called once. No answer. I called again. No answer. It was 11:30 in the morning. Why wasn't anybody picking up the phone? I was panicking. I called one last time. Success.

"Hello?" a mumbled voice answered the phone, as if awoken from a deep sleep. I instantly felt out of place.

"Um, Hi, is this D?" I asked, my hands shaking trying to hold the phone steady to my ear.

"No".

"It's not?" I was confused, unable to comprehend that it wasn't you.

"No, he's not here".

"Oh, um, sorry. Thank you. Bye". I hung up the phone as quickly as I could, embarrased, horrified by the words that had just rang in my ears. If you're not there, where are you? Are you okay? I just need to know you're okay. I need to know you're still breathing.

© 2013 Akira


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
Very realistic and a nice open ending, this could be continued. I like the suspense you have created

Posted 8 Years Ago


This was well written. You did a good job not making mistakes with the narrative voice. It was also very captivating because it flows properly on account of its simplistic style. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Akira

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I try pretty hard so it means a lot to me! I'm glad you like the flow of my work!
SeismicTurtle

10 Years Ago

It was refreshing to read something that wasn't littered with tiny easy to fix mistakes. The fact th.. read more
Akira

10 Years Ago

That's wonderful, I'm glad I managed to not make any mistakes. I've never been so good with grammar .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

270 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 5, 2013
Last Updated on May 5, 2013
Tags: love, hate, teenage, young, adult, women, men, man, woman, bed, nervous, call, phone, phones, calling, begging, forgiveness, fear, sick, hatred, loving, bloom, blooming, blooms, mind, loathing

Author

Akira
Akira

Adelaide, SA, Australia



About
Hi, I'm Akira and I'm 26 years old and I'm from Australia. Writing is a creative expression for me but it's not one that I'm very open about as it doesn't come naturally. I don't write often, but w.. more..

Writing
Dusty Mirrors Dusty Mirrors

A Story by Akira


Pink Skies Pink Skies

A Poem by Akira