Epoch

Epoch

A Poem by Megan
"

Telling of a new fear

"

Epoch 

A nice joint to hide the pain                                

well i just wish i could fade

or run till the earth fell away 

So tired of the weight

Cause i trip and fall with every move i make 

an endless cycle of mistakes 

A useless excuse,

with nothing but excuses

to hide my useless waste of space  

and i see them in my dreams

walking with shuffling feet

eyes down clocking in and out 

no doubt , they've fallen prey 

to the money hungry monster 

they must feed every day

that's my future they say 

and it haunts me cause i have no escape 

growing older, no way to slow it down

no where to turn around

and my childhood fades 

memories escape me 

early stages of alzheimer's disease

but i'm only 18

bad habits are becoming routine 

borderline addiction, causing an affliction

to everyone around me 

selfish, and greedy

i'm nothing new to this world of woes...

Just lost and lonely 

All these things in my head trouble me

No one to talk me down 

And darkness is all i can seem to see

© 2011 Megan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Megan,

The moment we realize life as we know it (as children) is nearing a sad ending... we grow fearful and defensive. Uncertainty of the future is indeed a scary thing - we have a tendency to pick up habits we learned from those who were the closest to us.

This is what adulthood is about right? Losing innocence and gaining the things we didn't like the most about our parents. Indeed, the child is nearing their end and a new creature must step in.

It is a lonely place, yet growing into those shoes happens fairly rapidly and life will become easier once they fit correctly.

I admired the energy of this poem, the honesty of your words and the flow it brings.

Thank you for sharing this poem,

Legacy

This would be a wonderful poem to place in the contest Enlightenment for Poetic Infusion Society.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What do you do when you aren't quite - enough - to be what you dream and where do you go as you get left behind by your friends that at least had 'enough' to get where they got? Small towns... and new crops of left behinds each year. You dream of escape but to where? and how?

Lots of thoughts here... Its good work to bring up thoughts in another - especially ones that aren't just laughter or pity or even sadder - none at all.

Take care,
Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was an amzing poem!! i liked a lot! I`m not much of a poet, but i love to write fictionfantasy

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

...beautifully written...my palms stretched out wanting more...you have my undivided attention...namaste...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

While time is a partner that we have yet to shove off into another room, the realities of age and the changes through the times we leave are indeed evident. Our thoughts spiral at all that we take in, especially when we see people we know or care about following down a path, not unlike being part of the "Borg."

What I try to tell myself when life seem shrouded, is that it is only I that can choose to walk the path that I walk. It is only my own choices that open and close the doors that I cross. Each choice and every decision that I make, I do my best to make sure they find the positive aspects in the world around me. While it's impossible to rid one's life of all negatives, it is possible to accumulate a larger portion of bright, rather than dark.

A wonderful and insightful piece.

Wolfie

Posted 12 Years Ago


"I'm nothing new to this world of woes." I know the feeling. This is fabulous. great first line too.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Damn. These are things people need to be reading more often! Being twenty-one, I find huge parallels to this in my life where I wonder what kind of life I'm creating for myself. I'm always one to recognize how awesome my life is compared to a huge portion of the world, I mean, we had a rough few days when our air conditioning went out in your house. What a first-world thing to complain about! But, at the same time, I'm 21 regularly down bottles of whiskey on weekdays. To sit down and wonder where one's life is going is an exremely personal, rough thing to sort out and I love how I can see the wondering in this poem and the general wandering you will do in years to come, just as all of us will. Great emotion!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a defiantly a path I walked down. Excellent expression of these feelings.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:) i love your poem, it's true.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

really good i loved it

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was heavy and deep and you used an awesome assortment of words to get your point across. You even rhymed without your words coming off as cheesy or like you were really trying (something I struggle with). Excellent job! Yosh!!

BTW, FYI... Where it says,
"So tired if the weight," I'm sure you meant "of"
and "to hide my useless waist of space," you spelled waist as in your stomach, you meant "waste"





Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

498 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2011
Last Updated on August 2, 2011

Author

Megan
Megan

Prattville, AL



About
Well there's not too much to tell I like to keep things simple And when I write sometimes it's constructed And other times I just go off on a tangent. I like to really examine emotions I.. more..

Writing
Assumptions Assumptions

A Poem by Megan


Lemon Lemon

A Poem by Megan


January January

A Poem by Megan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ True Love ~ ~ True Love ~

A Poem by Legacy