TREES CRY

TREES CRY

A Poem by OSCAR
"

For Tovli's Ten Word Contest on "Cats" ~ no more than ten lines with these "ten"... boiling, leaves, darkening, cup, reprimand, unspoken, implicit, authority,defense,endless

"

 

 

Her temper at boiling point and I, squinting in the winter sun  hide behind the blinds.
Deafening noise of the chain saw and the darkening  of the saddened sky heralds the death of the tree that she couldn’t save.  With words unspoken between us, we ponder the fate of the rainbow lorikeets and the numerous array of native birds that will no longer color the green leaves.


She grieving its demise and exodus of birds...I mourning the sport of trying to catch them,
as we sat together in happy days  sunning ourselves...she reading with cup of tea in hand and issuing to me a reprimand in defense of any hungry bird venturing too close whilst feeding on the yellow blossoms…
 

The authority of those in charge of these things gave implicit instructions to lop it down, regardless....
our tree that gave us umbrella shade on hot endless summer days... 

They say trees cry out in pain as they die, well I think we both died a little that day....
certainly we cried enough tears that would have watered our beloved tree for a long, long time to come ~

 

© BY: OSCAR  ~ June 2009

(Helena's much loved Seal-Point Siamese just for the love of it!)    

  

 

© 2009 OSCAR


Author's Note

OSCAR
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my words.
Be kind to me as its my first poem here at W.C. OSCAR ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Trees are precious, cats are wonderful. You've expressed both of these sentiments well, Oscar. You used the words in the challenge well also. Congratulations.
Thanks for joining in. I look forward to more writing from you.

papaed

Posted 14 Years Ago


you old man! Ike agrees--like owner, like human you can really use those paws to write! tovli

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 18, 2009
Last Updated on June 18, 2009

Author

OSCAR
OSCAR

Australia



About
Hi, I'm Oscar from 'downunder'. My human Helena and I are cousins of The Big Ike and his human Tovli who live in W.V. The Big Ike and I like poems and catnip! ;) more..