Prologue - How I Became a Teenage Parent!

Prologue - How I Became a Teenage Parent!

A Chapter by Dezzariel Blackflame

Big.  That's the first thing I thought when I woke up.  It took me a while to process the face of the creature that was currently laying on my bed, prostrate across my body, with it's head laying upon my chest. 
It's big beady eyes had a somewhat...human component to them, and the two upper limbs ended in human-like hands.  It's mandibles clicked every now and again as it nuzzled against my breast.  Wait a second, that face belongs to Bugger...doesn't it?
I quickly realized that it was, indeed, my pet Preying Mantis, size of a 6-year-old, laying on me.  I didn't understand, Bugger died last night after the leak when that flash storm hit...and after that, I spent an hour crying over the 3-inch bug; and yet, here she was, laying down on me, now a little over 10 times her original height and girth.  I didn't know if she would be hostile when she woke up, and I'd rather not become bug food before I even finished high school. 
As I attempted to slide out of the bed without waking Bugger, she lifted her head up and stared at me.  Click. Clack. Click-Clack. Her mandibles clicked together and her inner mouth seemed to be attempting speech.  Although the only sound I could hear was clicking, I was somehow able to understand her.  《Mnnh...are you awake, Daddy?》Wait..."Daddy?"
And thus began my new life, raising a 6-year-old Mantis.


© 2018 Dezzariel Blackflame


Author's Note

Dezzariel Blackflame
I'm going to add a thumbnail to this series eventually...whenever i can get a picture drawn. I don't think there's any pictures like would be needed for this series.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on November 10, 2018
Last Updated on November 11, 2018