untitled

untitled

A Story by Halkhend
"

just a little story i wrote when the idea poped into my head

"

     When I walked into the house I could smell the food cooking from the kitchen. "mom i'm home!" I yelled through the house. I waited a few seconds and didn't get a respose. "mom?" I yelled again still with no awnser, I ran upstairs to see if she was in her room hopeing she hadn't fallen asleep and forgotton about supper. She was nowhere to be found upstairs so i back down to check outside.

    As I walked past the kitchen I spotted my mom from the corner of my eye, on the floor. I hurried to her side to see what was wrong, her breathing was slow and deepmaking it look as if every breath was a struggle. I reached for the phone that was on the counter and dialed nine-one-one.

     Minuets later the ambulance had arived along with a single police car. The EMT loded my mom onto the gurney and into the back of the giant white veichel. Seeing my mom made my hyperventilat. The oficer put his hand on my sholder in an effort to confort me. After my breathing went back to normal I got intothe passenger side of the police car and he drove me to the emergency room door.

     The time spent in the waiting room had to be the the longest in my life and brought back horrible memories of last year in this exact same waiting room in the exact same hospital. We were a happy family, most the time, mom, dad, Ethan, and I. Last year Ethan was driving arond with some freinds when a drunk driver ran a stop sign. He hit Ethan head-on and everone in the car with Ethan died. He got thirty days in jail and a seven thousand dollar fine. Three people died becouse of hm and he now drives on the streets as if nothing had ever happened. My brothes life was bought by seven thousand dollars.

     After Ethan's death dad was torn, Ethan had been his only son and he was struggling with the idea that he was no longer there. He and mom started to fight, they got worse and worse untill eventually it got physcial. One day when mom had decided she'd had enough she had the divorce papers sent in and they both signed them and that was it.Since then its been just mom and I, save for a fewphone calls and letters from dad.

   I looked p at the waiting room clock on the wall in front of me. I had only been sitting down for twenty minuets, but I just stayed put becouse I knew how long it could take sometimes. I took slow calming breaths and let my mind wonder to another memory.

     "Come on Ev" Ethan said. "No, i've already told you I have homework i can't go." Ethan sighed "Evelyn, come on you never have any fun". his deep brown eyes were begging me to go with him. I didnt like going places, not becouse I looked bad, becouse I looked good. As one of those people who cant stand being stared at that was not a good thing. I lowered my head in defeat "ill go but we leave when I say". He frowned but quickly went back to his overly happy self. I laughed at his quick change in facial expression.

     We got to the party at around nine fifteen.After we got inside he walked off with his girlfreind Melody. I sighed and sa down in one of the many chairs lining the wall. Around fifteen minuets later Ethan came bounding back "hey Ev having fun?"he asked. " not really but ovbiously you were" i reply wiping the lip gloss of his lip. he blushed slightlybut quickly regaind his composure. " Do you wanna go home now?" he asked i could tell he didnt want to leave so I just said "naaaa" and wached as he happily bounded away.

      I snapped out of it and loooked around the room it had been less than five minuets I sigh and walk to the frount desk" is Peggy ready for visitiors yer?" She gives me one of the pity looks i had seen a million times before on nurses "i'm sorry honey, she isnt ready to see anyone now the doctor will send for you when shes ready." I gave her a halfhearted smile and mumbled my thanks.

   I realaxed into the chair and settled into another good memory. It was a hot summerday and Ethan and I were at our lake house with mom and dad. we were dareing eachother to try new sunts on the skisand while trying one Ethan's ski had come up and hit him in the head. He wasnt hurt just bleeding but I didn't know that. I jumped of the moving boat to make shure he was OK. For the next few days he made fun of me for wanting to 'protect' my big brother from getting a scratch.

      My thoughts were inturuped when a nurse walked in "Evelyn? Your mother is ready to see you now" I swallowed and followed the nurse with my brother in mind the whole time.

© 2010 Halkhend


Author's Note

Halkhend
Please comment!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with WayOath. People are juts stupid. The way they could do such dumb a*s things for money or for their own self. It just goes to show you how stupidly the human mind works.

Posted 13 Years Ago


So sad. Isn't it pathetic how sometimes people can get away with stupid s**t. I mean, as you illustrated 7000 dollars for some one's life? I mean, I don't think under the circumstances that would be the punishment but the truth is, stuff like this happens all the time. This story had a few grammar and punctuation mistakes but it was good at getting the emotional feel across. Great story, it was well presented on your part, the ending leaves the reader to draw their own conclusion. ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2010
Last Updated on April 7, 2010

Author

Halkhend
Halkhend

AR



About
Attempting to live life joyfully, mostly succeeding. more..

Writing
Greek life Greek life

A Story by Halkhend


feeling feeling

A Poem by Halkhend