My Conversation With Clouds

My Conversation With Clouds

A Story by Crowley
"

A shorty for the Image Group, Image #3

"

My Conversation With Clouds

 

 

     I climbed to the top of lighthouse, stood perilously on the protective railing and shook my fist at the approaching storm. I shouted her name three times at the top of my voice.  Once in frustration, once in painful longing and once just to hear myself scream. 

 

     A passing cloud stopped for a moment and called me a ninny and encouraged me to jump.

 

     “After all,” it breezed, “a man in your condition has no right being a man at all.”

 

     I sneered at the cloud and asked why he should know. He was, after all, a cloud and had no experience with matters of the heart. I spit to the jagged rocks below.


    “I have no control over my own path,” said the cloud, "much less the path of another cloud. To think that I do, would simply be rubbish.” 

 

     The cloud puffed, blowing me off my balance.  At first I resisted and then, figuring the cloud was right, I held out my arms and leapt from the railing.

 

     As I fell, the clouds parted and the suns rays shone strongly on the rocks below, creating the most beautiful haloed images and shadow.  I started to cry.  Just before I met my fate on the sharp and fragmented rocks below, the suns rays caught me and cradled me in their warmth, slowing my decent and placing me on a flat patch of stone, the water lapping at my feet in relief.

 

     I stared at the sun and thanked her profusely, “what might I do to repay my debt of gratitude?” 

 

     The sun winked at me and said, “Quit being a ninny, and never, ever listen to a cloud."

© 2010 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
LOL...not my usual fare, but I went with it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wonderful work here hun. It's definitely an easy thing to see, it really paints a picture in your head. "I shouted her name three times at the top of my voice. Once in frustration, once in painful longing and once just to hear myself scream." That's my favorite part, I think we've all done that. It's beautiful, with the humor attached nicely to the end. I really enjoyed this. Very nice job love.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Oh woah! I didn't expect that kicky ending! :)
Picking up an unusual concept and writing it in such a humorous way yet putting reality connected meanings gives a great read, indeed!
I enjoyed this and learnt things here....thanks for sharing :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


"Never, ever listen to a cloud."
Good advice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Shades of light and dark here, for sure. Yes, it's funny but the under-lying emotion is one of desperation.
The leap into the unknown reminds me of the final scene in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (which may just be my favourite movie of all time)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yeah... hmmm, actually I really enjoyed this.. sometimes the lighter fare of life is much more fulfilling that the hard realities that we face constantly.. I like the dialog, and the imagery, and the little touch of humor.. I really enjoyed the touch of the sun, and her warming ways.. pretty much the way I figured the sun would react.. delightful piece.. thanks for sharing it..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ahhh....this one made me chuckle....I really enjoyed the read:)
Peace
Robin

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was very interesting, it reminded me of dreaming...very well written, you have taken a concept that is completely without sense or logic and made it seem...purposeful. Very well done. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


not your usual fare, but damn it works just fine

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
You deserved the win, a story that makes you smile from beginning to the end

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol to funny, you know those litle voices will get you in trouble every time.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lmao, this was wonderful. My favourite part was the "I shouted her name three times at the top of my voice. Onc in frusteration, once in painful longing, and once just to hear myself scream." Briliantly written, love the personification throughout the piece as well! Great job! And it as funny!

~Adora

PS: Ya, ninny :P

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

726 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 25, 2010
Last Updated on June 10, 2010

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pieces Of String Pieces Of String

A Poem by OT


Deeper Deeper

A Poem by Robin