Untitled

Untitled

A Story by Hidden_identity

I was seven when my mom died.  I was barely able to comprehend it.  The terrible, unavoidable, undeniable truth.  She was gone.  Forever.   All I had left of her were my memories.

It was Tuesday morning, 7:20, and she still wasn't up.  All that was going through my head was that she had to take me to school.  I sat in my room, tying my shoe, when I looked at the time.

I called to my mom that we had to be at school soon.  When I didn't hear any movement, I went to her room.

I flung open the door to reveal her still unconscious in her bed.  I walked over to her bedside and shook her arm.  Still she lay there, unmoving.

I rolled her over so she was on her back.  Her eyes were closed.  I shook again and again and again.  Still, nothing happened.

Then, I looked down at her stomach to find that it was not moving in the rhythmic motion like it usually did.

"No," I whispered to nobody specific.

I kept shaking her, hoping she would wake up.  Hoping this was just a horrible prank.  But she still did not move.

"Mom.  Mom!  Please wake up!  Mom! Please!" I begged.  Hot tears rolled down my face.

"Mom?" I whispered once again.

The next few days were a blur.  I just stayed in my room, not wanting to believe the truth.

I didn't go to the funeral.  I couldn't bare it.

All week, memories flew in my head, over and over again.

I remember her soft whisper in my ear at night when I had a bad dream.  I remember her flower-smelling perfume that surrounded her.

It was hard to believe that I would never come home to find her face smiling at me.  I would never get another hug or kiss form her again.  I would never hear her sweet voice comforting me.

Never again would I have more than a memory of my mother. 

© 2010 Hidden_identity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on December 4, 2010
Last Updated on December 4, 2010

Author

Hidden_identity
Hidden_identity

Neverland, SC



About
I am an aspiring writer. I am currently writing about five stories right now. I would really be grateful to hear what other people have to say about them other than my family. I am a very private pers.. more..

Writing