Overture to Requiem Rising

Overture to Requiem Rising

A Chapter by Senevir
"

Caught within the never ending and obscured layers of cold darkness, who is really good and evil?

"
"After many years of waging war and a winter with no end in sight, a hero will arise with a name that shall be known to all.
- Seeking revolution, he will purge the lands of all evil.
This man, no different from a boy, will go by the name of...  "


Faint light burst forth, filtering down through the tree canopies in early morn.
The flickering rays forced their way behind weary eyelids, making them flutter open for but a few split seconds before they cast their holder back into a deep, impenetrable sleep.
As an Autumn leaf landed upon the young man's battered and bloody face, the sound of scattered feet and voices could be heard approaching from somewhere amongst the trees.  
Stumbling across their sudden find, the party gathered and carefully carried the limp body, near void of life, through the woods and out of the dense, lingering darkness....


© 2014 Senevir


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 12, 2014
Tags: requiem, rising, hikarin, a.l.hopkins, senevir, norse, nordic, mythology, heimdall, prologue, start, prelude


Author

Senevir
Senevir

Lake Macquarie, Australia



About
I am an aspiring author, singer, lyricist and artist. Although I am Australian, I have a vast interest in various other cultures and am working on learning many languages. Fluent in Japanese, I'.. more..

Writing