Just a Thought.

Just a Thought.

A Poem by Hillary A
"

One of my best poems I believe.

"

May your journey bring back memories of smiles laughs and friends,
And bring you happiness as you look back at them.

May you hold those memories close in mind
For those memories become a part of you.
Remember everyone as you wish to be remembered
And don't let the good times pass you by.

Remember those whose lives you have touched,
And who have touched yours,
Are always a part of you.
Even if the encounters were less than you would have wished.
It is the content of the encounter,
That is more important than it's form.

May the pain you have known,
And the conflict you have experienced,
Give you the strength to walk through life.
Facing each new day with courage and optimism.

May a kind word,
A reassuring touch,
And a warm smile,
Be yours everyday of your life.
And may you give these gifts
As well as recieve them.

May you find serenity and tranquility,
In a world you may not always understand.

© 2009 Hillary A


Author's Note

Hillary A
This is one of my favorites.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds almost like an Irish prayer...

May the rest of your day be blessed by having you as a part of it...;)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Touching poem. Nice to see a fellow Nashvillian on this site.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is almost more of a teaching than a poem, but then again many ancient forms of teachings were passed down through poetry, and I'm not sure if you intended this or not, but despite modern syntax this has a very ancient and genuine quality to it, something extremely rare these days. Its not my place to really say, but if you toyed with the this part of your creativity it could explode into something serious, something verily needed in our generation. Follow your heart though, dont listen to drug addled, bitter cynics like myself.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I see why it's one of your favorites. Quite thought provoking. The Universe needs more of this input. Thanks.


Terry

Posted 14 Years Ago


I am quite smitten with your work, Hilary, though I have thus far read but two! Your command of the language, and the depth of your emotional ocean, are extraordinary for one so young--rarely the case among many other teens here, regrettably! I shall be reading more of you soon! Keep up the good Work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like your reflection on encounters. Perfect moments rise up from imperfect circumstances. Strong sentiments in your poem! Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This writing is something to live by - very much a 'Do unto others as... ' which surely has to be the best way in life.

'May you find serenity and tranquility,
In a world you may not always understand.'

I wish you the feeling of your own words.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a great (though long to memorize) toast! (Mind if I borrow it for pub night?) Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


That is incredible. It really spoke to me on so many levels. Direct, powerful and very true. Need I say more, it's fantastic. Right, off to read some more of your work.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2009

Author

Hillary A
Hillary A

Nashville, TN



About
My name is Hillary. I'm a writer at heart and currently working on a novel. This story is my entire creativity into words, whether that be sad or not, and I'd really appreciate any feedback on it. Tha.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..