Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Hinoglue

Prologue

 

 

 

There was not a star in the sky and the moon was nowhere to be seen. I was surrounded by darkness and nothing else. I closed my eyes, as it comforted me and made no difference to the picture in my eyes. It was like being lost, like not being anywhere, like being stuck on the edge of existence, I’m just not quite there yet.

I heard something. It somewhat reminded me of a growl from a dog, or a purr from a cat. But I knew what it was. The sound was something that I have heard many times before, a sound that sent chills up everyone’s spine, except for mine. I am not afraid of it anymore. I don’t try to avoid it, and I don’t try to attack it. This thing, it was a Aswang*.

My memories of these things, they were not good memories. They didn’t make me smile, and it most certainly didn’t make me laugh. Most of the time I grimace, but I never regret one minute, or even one second of that terrible experience. Those things, those things are what shape people, what make us who we are today. And this, well this is the story of how I became the person I am today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*An Aswang is a mythical creature referred to in Filipino folklore. It is a cross between a vampire and a witch. They are able to transform into either a black dog or boar, and during the day a shy, quite, and peaceful human.



© 2011 Hinoglue


Author's Note

Hinoglue
Please comment and give me tips on how to make it better!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
now everything makes more sense. i read the chpaters before this. :P man im slow. cool though really wiped up questions in my head. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
1 Review
Added on September 4, 2011
Last Updated on September 4, 2011


Author

Hinoglue
Hinoglue

About
Dear Everyone Who Still Visits Me On This Account: Thank you. For still being here. For supporting me even though my writing was crap. But I am proud to say that I have moved on... to a new account.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hinoglue