I'm Done With You

I'm Done With You

A Poem by Kathryn Elizabeth
"

We all go through situations in life where we are being used. Sometimes we allow ourselves to be used because of our love for that person. But emotions build inside, and you just have to let them out.

"

I'm tired of saying sorry,

For the things I did not do.

If someone should be blamed,

That person should be you.

 

I can only bear so much,

Of the drama and the pain.

There's one thing left to wonder,

What is there for you to gain?

 

Nothing at all, that is what.

So why do you continue?

For this I do not know.

But I know I'm done with you.

 

© 2011 Kathryn Elizabeth


Author's Note

Kathryn Elizabeth
Yes, it may be short, but this is raw emotion. This poem is based on a past situation with what I considered to be a friend.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this poem. It's something I think a lot of people go through. I know I have.
well done ...Continue writing...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this a lot. I think everybody has felt these emotions and thought these thoughts at one point or another. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for people to mistreat others without any fight back.

The first two lines are what caught me immediately. Everyone has apologized for something they should have stood up for, and that is downright exhausting.

I'll read more from you, I really like this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it. And you are so right about being used and having emotions bottled up. I find it funny that we all like writing something similar about something we went through. Anyways, A great poem. Good job and keep on writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on June 20, 2011

Author

Kathryn Elizabeth
Kathryn Elizabeth

GA



About
Hello there. My pen name is Kathryn, as I'm not a fan of just sharing my actual name with the world. Anyhow, here are some things about me: I love the hipster culture. Writing poems, fantasy, an.. more..

Writing