Free falling

Free falling

A Story by Pandamoon
"

Hde said i was boring and I had to prove him wrong.

"

I heard the roar of the engine and I felt myself rethinking my actions of the past few hours. Was I crazy, insane, something to explain what I was doing. But it was too late I and spent the money and I wasn’t wasting close to 400 dollars because I was so terrified I found in difficult to take breath.

The plane was at the right point so I knew it was about time. I felt the pack suddenly weighting heavily on my back. I went through last minute panic, what if I forgot to pull the sting, What if I pulled it to late or hit the wrong thing when landing, I would be dead and I had so much to live for. Yet what good was my life if I didn’t dare to live. I still remembered him standing there shaking his head.

“I’m sorry I want someone exiting in my life. You’re always so predictable. We have to break up; it’s what is best for both of us.” His words rang with new cruelty but gave me a will that wouldn’t break. The instructor gave me a smile and a thumbs up and with Adam’s last words ringing in my head like a cruel chant of life mocking my fear I took a step and felt my heart begin to speed, I took another and couldn’t breathe, one more and my vision began to waver. I couldn’t do this.

But I was already falling. The wind grabbed at me like the hands of a thousand greedy baggers. The air stung my body battering me helpless me tossing. It roared in my ears like the vicious snarl of a ravenous lion. Every time I opened my eyes the wind brought tears to them but it was the first time I had ever felt truly alive. I felt my blood surging and for the hell of it I screamed not caring that the wind ripped away the sound even before it left my throat.

I managed to looked around and saw the tall green trees standing like immoveable statues of the land. The fields of wheat and barley looking like puzzle pieces forged from the earth to make an impossibly beautiful picture. I saw the lake that looked as if the top was glazed with diamonds.

I looked at my instructor who mouthed something but I could hear nothing over the roar of the wind as it stung past my ears. I saw him pull his chute and I got the idea but I froze. I couldn’t get my body to move and the ground was coming to meet me at an alarming pace.

I felt adrenaline sing in my veins and my hearts go so fast I felt as if it would burst from my chest. I screamed again in terror but I then felt my body being jerked up. I lost what little air I had left in my lungs and soared sky ward as the wind picked up my chute.

I Thought that this would be the boring part, waiting to come down but I was so wrong. The world waited below as I hung in the air threatening to fall every second. I screamed with joy and let myself be pushed around by the wind until I hit the ground with a less then graceful landing. The chute covered me and I let myself just lay there back on the ground in the first silence I had heard in so long.

I didn’t need Adam I needed no one because for the moment I was young, I was wild and I was free.

© 2012 Pandamoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on August 6, 2012
Last Updated on August 6, 2012

Author

Pandamoon
Pandamoon

Writing
On the beach On the beach

A Story by Pandamoon


Rin Rin

A Story by Pandamoon


Burnned Burnned

A Story by Pandamoon