An Indian Summer

An Indian Summer

A Story by Gee
"

Open mind please..non pc

"
The 27th half wit of the day approached, smiling,

" can't believe how hot it is, can you. It's 73 degrees " he said before continuing,

" It's an Indian summer, that's what it's called at this time of the year when it gets warm again, an Indian summer " he smiled, chuffed at this jewel of information.

I smiled back. " why? "

"Huh" he grunted, perplexed at the question.

" why is it called an Indian summer, and how many days must this weather hold for it to be considered thus ? "

"Bus ? My grandad drives a bus, a big red f****r in London, a double decker. He takes all of the foreigners sight seeing, you know, Buckingham Palace, Downing Street, Houses of Parliament, Hard Rock Cafe. He said it's mainly Japs these days, with a few chinks, but hardly any darkies or Arabs. He reckons it's all to do with that Al Keeda fella. You know, him that goes around choppin' people's heads off and blowing things up. Now, I ain't being funny but you would've thought they might have nicked him by now, I mean, he must have to catch a plane to get round all of the places he gets up to no good in, so you would've thought they might be keeping an eye out at passport control. Can't be that many men called Al Keeda can there. "

As I went to reply, he set off chopsing again.

" Mind you, there's plenty of Browns, Smiths, Greens over here, perhaps Keeda is a popular surname where all of them terrorists come from, might be thousands of the little fuckers. Yep, that must be it, can't be any other explanation can there, makes sense when you think about it. Anyway, can't stand chatting all day, got a meeting to attend, annual Chief of Police seminar.
You take care".

and with that he was gone.




© 2019 Gee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved it. It underlines many problems now days. Well written, although I didn't think it would appeal to me to start with. I was a little slow to catch on and then it grabbed me. Good work

Posted 2 Years Ago


Gee

2 Years Ago

Cheers Soren. Cocking a snook at the pc brigade :)
Love the dialogue in this so good! A nice snap shot conversation filled with views and descriptions that are real and held by many. The twist was supreme and not too far from the truth. But as Mr Pettit says keep yer heed doon fur a while!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gee

5 Years Ago

I'm hidden behind the parapet. Reading this back brings Alf Garnett to mind. Perhaps not a good thin.. read more

Bril and I aint just talkin fish... oops sorry.. creatures of the ocean.. Most amusing squire.. Hope you guys in MK are all good.. Go well, but do keep ya head down for a whale.. I just had a while of a time :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gee

5 Years Ago

Cheers Neville. Hope all is well with you and the good lady.
Neville

5 Years Ago

You are more than welcome... Not too bad this end Gee, thanks Neville
I totally appreciate the natural sync which has been put in place here. The dialogues are very non improvised in tone and just like a conversation would be.. That makes it sound in sync with the situation you build. I'm big fan of writers who can write dialogues without improvising them and you did such a healthy job with this one.
Would this continue because you left it very open ended, and i would be interested in further reading for sure.
Appreciate it so much, please keep writing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gee

5 Years Ago

Thank you. Doubt this will ever progress further as I never revisit my scribblings.
Gee,
I can relate to your well written story. Sadly I live in the days Trump. I know ignorance and we are flooded with it in the states. Your poem was very clever, I admire the way you led into the man's rants. If it wasn't so scary it would be funny.
Peace, Richie b.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gee

5 Years Ago

Cheers Richie
It takes all kinds to make this wonderful ( at times frightening) world, isn't it? As a writer you have an obligation to show the world it's reflection!
Trust all is well with you, Gee. Uma grande abraço.
Bom fim de semana ( have a good weekend). At this rate, by the time you visit Brasil you will be speaking português!!)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gee

5 Years Ago

Fluent..... Thank you Mrudula.
All is well but cold here, hope you and yours are all well :))
Mrudula Rani

5 Years Ago

We are all fine, dear. Uma abraço.
Oh the irony. Hoped that was coming. But still guffawed.
I met this guy the other day as well. And the stupid shall inherit the earth.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gee

5 Years Ago

Indeed, there is hope for me yet !! Cheers Ken, hope you are well
A unique sense of humour from the Keeda clan *laughs*

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gee

5 Years Ago

Thank you Esther
Esther

5 Years Ago

You're welcome
I have decided you are slightly barking; which is a good thing given how boringly straight the roads are in MK.

Beccy. :))

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gee

5 Years Ago

Lol, I like that, slightly barking, sure beats normal and samey. Thank you.
Hope you and the .. read more
Hey, Gee. :)
I got a kick out of it, a great spin of ironies.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Gee

5 Years Ago

Cheers Matt.
Hope all is well with you
mattavelli

5 Years Ago

Alls well here, just haven't been writing.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

882 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2018
Last Updated on September 13, 2019
Tags: Summer, Indian, London.

Author

Gee
Gee

Milton keynes, United Kingdom



About
Devoted family man and lover of life. Simply written, easily understood "stuff" for those without code breaking skills. You will NEVER need Google to understand me:) more..

Writing
Valentine Valentine

A Poem by Gee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..