prologue

prologue

A Chapter by Emilia Cole

“The longer her soul stays the longer you may have control” Mural states,“And you may not have enough time to talk-”, She is cut off by an angry outburst from Hades,

         

 “How you tempt the fates, you know very well I can’t keep her captive, for what revenge Poseidon would bring on me”    

        

   “But her mother died in birth, you will let the girl go eventually. Just don’t haste. Poseidon is weak” Mural interferes.

         

  “No” Hades says firmly. Mural then sends him an evil glare. “My Lord.” Mural growls.




          Where am I? What am I doing here? Why can’t I move…? What's my name? Ah, it’s… Nurae.

         

 “Hello, my dear” Hisses a sinister voice. Nurae feels the presence of the man, an evil, despicable man.

         

 “Why do you reek of death? You are no friend and you seem to dislike me. I may not be able to see you, but I have an excellent sense of smell!”,Nurae says, slightly irritated by the scent grating at her nose.




                                  Many Years Later





               The world was too big. I grew too fast, and I lost the sense of myself I’d ever had… it felt so undignified, this world the reeked of death.

 

            It was like, what the hell was my problem? 

Was it even my fault that even after fifteen years they still wouldn't let me see the surface…?

 

My dad was kind of the God of hell, you know, Hades the big man underground if you were terrible enough he might even decide on your eternal punishment.

 

      I knew I wouldn't be seeing anything like daylight if my dad had any say (which he did).

            

So I could settle for rocking out in the home of heroes… you know Elysium the haven in hell since if you thought long and hard about it, if you saw it in hell you ruled out heaven.


It was my only place of peace in the home of the damned.

 



© 2017 Emilia Cole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm just jumping into this but I had to read it twice to get a sense of structure. I didn't understand what was happening at first. My only constructive criticism would be to smooth it out a little more to make the transition more clear. A little bit more meat on the bones to lay out the scene.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and guess your a Percy Jackson Fan. This sounds very similar. I'm not sure who Mural or Nurae is though Nurae does ring a bell in my greek mythology memory. I'm surprised you didn't mention Persephone Hade's wife queen of the underworld Daughter of Zeus and Demeter but whatever that's ok. This felt very scattered and I find some parts unclear particularly in the second half but overall this isn't bad I would like a better idea of the plot from the prologue but perhaps you have given us all we need

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like where this is going. There seems to be great potential. Keep it going!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


A good beginning to a story, that actually seems like something I would partake in reading on a personal level. If you'd like, because I like you X3 I can edit it grammatically and send it back to you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emilia  Cole

7 Years Ago

cool lol just got home
Vaporvision

7 Years Ago

Welcome home then :3
Emilia  Cole

7 Years Ago

hehe hai!!!!
Wow, this is starting out great! If you need any help, I could give assistance in formatting your story so it's easier and more pleasant to read. The actual plot is great! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emilia  Cole

7 Years Ago

thanks ill try harder
Yui Tarsis

7 Years Ago

It's not that it's bad. It's actually quite good! Just a tip: put new indents after every line of di.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2017
Last Updated on January 14, 2017


Author

Emilia  Cole
Emilia Cole

Clayton,Watertown, NY



About
I am an aspiring writer but I am talented in Fiction,Fantasy. And poems 14 years of age more..

Writing
Hey Hey

A Poem by Emilia Cole


Mommy Mommy

A Poem by Emilia Cole


Tribute Tribute

A Poem by Emilia Cole