Neglected Need Speaks Sorrow-

Neglected Need Speaks Sorrow-

A Story by Homason
"

Mother Lisa!

"
Neglected Need Speaks Sorrow-
Mother Lisa!

Once upon a time in the town of Umu, mother Lisa has just found a new faith leaving the old one. Her husband, Mr. Sali, has just passed away leaving back little Alis who was just two years old.
Mr. Sali was a notorious patriot and a hard working citizen in the small town of Umu. Often times he gladly gave up his last clothes, food and drink just to settle the need of another. He was not rich, yet he was not poor. Wilfully, he was consulted to offer a counsel to numerous domestic-family crisis to restore their lost ties, and many more he did. He changed the lives of many in his little way even though his name was not published on the front page. All these he learnt from the faith where he had fellowship and commune with before the wrath of death visited. Mother Lisa was not denied to drink from this cup of love-bounties but she showed little or no concern with her fruitless flimsy excuses. She rebelled a million times each day in her heart against Mr. Sali's large heart - if she had her way no one will get a dime, lazy people! her sad squeezed face revealed. Despite her frailty, Mr. Sali remained resilient -extending his arms even closer to her reach.
One day, Mr. Sali took ill severely but Mother Lisa concealed this from everyone who visited their home to inquire what may be wrong. "Oga has travelled and is not in town now, do you people want his house as well?" she said to them (bending her lips and thrusting her neck with dynamic stares).
Mr. Sali's death was a fatal loss to the people of Umu. They mourn him till this day. After the funeral, Mother Lisa became fanatical with her newly found religion. She was convinced that her husband's death was brought by evil people who received his alms in disguise. And gradually she became notorious, not for giving alms this time but, for causing nuisance in her neighbourhood as she became a prayer warrior and song-a-holic simultaneously.
One could hear her voice ring from her house every night. Obviously, her theme was geared against the wicked; to be solitude forever and not saved. Her whole being cycled on this everyday.
One fateful day while she sang and prayed in tongues fiercely, little Alis tapped her in request of water, she has just been choked by the peppery meal mother served. "Mo..mmy, I....wan...t wa...ter" she stuttered, her voice lesser in every word as she struggled to speak. Coughing and coughing; tears gushed out uninvited. But mother Lisa responded by withdrawing herself from every single tap that she felt while she continued her loud-ranted prayer leaving little Alis unnoticed. ...(if only Mr. Sali were Alive, you could say)...
Two hours later, a deafening silence filled the neighbourhood as she concluded her vaunted prayer leaning by the window. She could feel the breeze blowing cool kisses on her skin causing her sweats to vanish. Some minutes later, she could hear, sounds from insects whispering goodnight wishes to one another. While the silence broke, she could see darkness drew closer as each building turned off their lights one after the other. So full and blue was the moonlight as she peeped into the sky. The stars were bright too. Everything appeared perfect. (exhaled) "I have done the needful" she soliloquised. But was it true? I guess not.
As mother Lisa turned, a fatal surprise lashed out on her face; little Alis layed lifeless. Swiftly she dashed down on her, "Alis! Alis!! Talk to me!!!" But Alis remained silent still. Her screams woke everyone like the town square bell and in no time everyone gathered around her house. It wasn't a perfect night after-all.
The next morning, mother Lisa was ostracised by the community leaders because of the act of neglect. With leaves and folk music, the women mocked and escorted mother Lisa out of Umu.
Consequently, mother Lisa ran mad from the shock and stress that followed after. She is still a destitute hovering around nearby communities of Umu.
Indeed, Neglected need speaks sorrow.
The End.

- Homason

© 2016 Homason


Author's Note

Homason
Tears rolled down my chick today as a saw a video clips of a less than 3months' baby being beaten badly as an adult by the mother. She slapped continuously directly on the baby's face to stop him/her from crying. I could feel the baby being suffocated as her/his face turned reddish. She cared less if the baby was dying. I could perceive economic recession and frustration compelling her to become the monster she once feared. What a world!
This story, Neglected Need Speaks Sorrow, is a fiction that tries to illustrate how cold the love of many human beings are today. Amidst this, a few still uphold Christ's method- doing good as a life...
Note: The name "Lisa" is not particular to anyone. "Sali" was coined out of "Lisa" in reverse and "Alis" as well. Any resemblance of the characters or place used in this work is merely coincidence.
Note also: "Oga" is a word that means "husband" or "master" in a Nigerian context.
The story portrays a message from the book of 1 John 4:20.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks Deva and Tan, your reviews are encouraging.

Posted 7 Years Ago


The death of Alis was vey tragic. Your portrayl of characters was justified and while the story is so tragic it also has a moral. Liked the character of Mr. Sali and if that is how everyone is going to be then this world itself is a heaven.

This makes me go near God and be more human.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very true! The story didn't appear to be fiction--for a moment I thought this was true---But then I read your "Author's note" section and realized it was not true. But still some people today are like mother Lisa and it's just horrible to have such people! The message you conveyed had a perfect impact on me...had this story continued a little longer--I would've cried! I would've described the surroundings a bit more--personal thought. Overall it was perfect!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 27, 2016
Last Updated on November 29, 2016
Tags: Neglect, Childcare, Parenting, Abuse, sorrow, religion, false doctrines, charity, love, hate, foolishness, vanity.

Author

Homason
Homason

Port Harcourt, Christianity, Nigeria



About
Humble and friendly. Writer and composer. Author of the book "Before You Quit: A Recipe for Success." Likes to play football and table tennis. Upholds the Golden Rule. more..

Writing
Time! Time!

A Story by Homason