The meadow

The meadow

A Poem by Honourfish
"

Inspired by today :D random lil story about a meadow.

"
Wind whistled across the land, causing blades of grass to dance in unison like a wave of light green whipping through as it caught the light of the sun, only to return to the shade of their previous darker green. My hair much like the grass put up little resistance to the wind and ran wild in disarray as I sat on the rotting brown stump which was surprisingly comfortable. Peace and tranquility emanated from the surroundings creating a warm glow around my body matching that of the sun on my face. Whilst clouds dotted the sky proudly showing their silver lining; moving seamlessly across the pale blue backdrop cleverly navigating their way through the sky. The smell of the outdoors swirled around my nostrils from the new blossom to the ting of droppings and the muted sound of a distant stream soldiering through its path tickled my ears. All was well in the meadow.

© 2011 Honourfish


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

haha i really enjoyed reading this great job :)
alltid
-Meja

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is something I will always enjoy reading! :]:]

Posted 12 Years Ago


amazing write. the way u described it made me feel like i was actually there. i absolutely loved it. if ever u get an inspiration like this again do not delay write something like this again.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW! That is awesome! You do amazing with desciptions! Ever thought of writing something like this about the ocean?:)
Wonderful write:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"whilst clouds dotted the sky proudly showing their sliver lining;" I absolutly love that line. i love this poem. i got lost in it! great job keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ju
"muted sound of a distant stream soldiering through its path" this stands out to me- in a good way. i like the flow these words have, their sounds. great image.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BLR
sounds like poetry

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2011
Last Updated on June 5, 2011