One More Time

One More Time

A Story by Hope Rose
"

This is the prequel to A Cry For Help, where 16 year old Namikara Ichinose goes through the hard times of being disowned by the richest family in town, and losing her only brother who still cares

"
I feel the pain, and stumble to the wall behind me. Practicing with my brother is hard. "Nami, come on! This is the simplest thing there is, so why are you failing?" My brother, Jace, taunts. With a groan, I pull my katana out of its sheath and spring forward to attack again. He blocks my move, but gives a slight grunt as the impact hits him. Sparring with him is hard because he always seems so full of energy. It's like standing next to a roaring fire. 
Yet, unlike a fire, he's not going to hurt people without reason. He always protects people who need protected, like me. I'm Namikara, but everyone calls me Nami. My brother, Jace, and I are two of the children of the Isuchimaru family, who is the richest family in town. The other child is my twin sister, Nyra. Our parents are Air users, but my siblings are the rare element of Fire. Me, I haven't specialized in any element, so I guess I'm going to be one of the kids who don't have any powers.
I pull back, then attack again. This time, I shatter my brother's training blade and have to flip over him so I don't hit him with my sword. I feel a tug on the Air, and I spin to face the front of the house. My parents stand there, watching us. My sister is standing behind them, like a shadow with a light for a head. Her hair, so bright a blonde it looks like pure gold, is tied up messily as though she's hiding something from our parents. She gives me a slight smile, and I know something's up then because she never looks scared.
"If you are done, young Namikara, it's time for your piano practice. Please put that... thing up and join your instructor in the music room." Father's tone is so disapproving, it scares me.
Mother looks at me as though she's looking down through her glasses. "Also, do change and make yourself look presentable. You need it," she says, turning on her heel with a swirl of skirts to return inside with Father following her.
I look over at Jace and give him my murderous glare. He isn't laughing though, but looking at me worriedly. "Nami, your eyes..." He says, still as a statue.
I look at the mirror we keep outside and gasp. My eyes are silver, almost the same color as my hair. I suddenly feel sick, and sway on my feet. My brother's arms are there to catch me and hold me up. "Nami, I don't believe it... You didn't specialize because you can't specialize in every element." He says, and I understand. I am a person of legend. I am an Elemental Master. I start to speak, but he stops me. "Nami, you can't tell Mother and Father. You have to tell them you specialized in Earth so they don't know anything." I nod, and he helps me up and lets me go. "Now, hurry up to your room to change and get to your piano lessons. Act normal."
I turn and run for the door, my shorts covered in dirt and mud, and slip into the kitchen, the closest entrance to my room there is. My lady's maid, Serene, is there waiting just inside the kitchen. She grabs my wrist lightly, unlike how Mother does when she gets mad, and leads me to my room. Once the door is shut, she has me completely change, from my shoes to my shirt. It's amazing how different I look when I want to look nice.

© 2015 Hope Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is all I have of this story. I can't think of anything else

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 19, 2015
Tags: Fate, Horror, Sadness, Pain, Hope

Author

Hope Rose
Hope Rose

Germany



About
I just love how some people can be... They think that if their best friend has something then they have to. It's so funny :3 If you need someone to talk to for any reason just send me a message on .. more..

Writing
Torture Torture

A Chapter by Hope Rose