D&D 5e Story

D&D 5e Story

A Story by Hope_Lescase
"

I am a DM for D&D: we have a half-Elf Draconic Sorcerer, a Blackguard who serves his dark mistress, a dwarven archer who has a drinking problem, and an elven archer who is laid back.

"

Characters:

Jharak, half-elf Sorcerer level 3

Malus, human Blackguard level 3

Thumig, dwarf Archer/melee, level 3

Elias, elf Archer/ranged, level 2

 

 

Part 1:

 

This wayward band of brothers (mostly CN and CE) has to sail from the Eastern Continent, to the Western. On a cargo/passenger brigantine ship. Now, it will take a while for them to arrive, but, these Chaotic friends have found away to keep them occupied.

 

It's the third day on the ship, Malus decides to go into the cargo hold and decides to *ahem* search through the crates on board. Jharak joins in and together they find food, armor, and tradeable goods. 

 

They think "oh, let's move on" when they hear two people walking down, arguing. A dwarf and a young human.

They quarrel about something cryptic - a smuggling job.

 

Malus, then has his shadow turn out the lantern, grabs the dwarf and pushes him against a crate. With the light back on, Jharak grabs the boy and holds him still. 

           

Malus tries to get an answer of what they are smuggling when the dwarf tries to punch him. - Malus fails the roll and feels metal hit his jaw, even though the dwarf is wearing a leather glove.

 

Using "Command", Malus insights fear in the dwarf and he answers "Mithril"

 

Soon, the candle, that was burning yellow, turns to blood red and Malus sees his mistress appear in the flame. She orders him to kill the dwarf. He does. The Dwarf's flesh and blood are immediately sucked into the light and he is back in the favor of his mistress.

 

Jharak, not really knowing what happened warns the boy never to repeat what was said and done. and the boy runs.

 

the two Chaotic Neutral friends then find latches beneath the goods and find ores of mithril which they immediate stash in their bags. 

 

Jharak decides to get Elias and Thumig, who is utterly drunk, down to the cargo hold so they can help themselves to the goods. 

 

Jharak, loving pot-ions, (lol) goes to teh crate with the different colored potions and tries a red one (gets +2 to temp HP) he then finds one that is uber pink, one that looks like liquified rock, and a cloudy grey one that he shakes - turns neon blue.

 

Showing it to the guys, they find interest in this strange potion and decide to open it slowly. 

 

As soon as air reaches the smoke, the cork is thrown off the bottle and the ship weighs heavily towards port. rain and hail pelt down onto the seas and a roaring thunderstorm emerges. 

 

Realising their mistake, they race around trying to find the cork - they all fail their perception check. as the cork is rolling around.

 

Jharak says, "Let's grab a different cork!"


grabs a different cork of a health potion and puts it on the smokey bottle


It disintegrates.



finally, Malus succeeds on the silly perception, grabs the real cork and caps the bottle -  storm outside stops and the waters are calm.


Malus decides to keep the bottle, then, Thumig, who is completely inebriated, tries to open the cork to drink the substance, but Jharak grabs a hold on it. 



After deciding to see what other cool stuff is in the crates, Malus finds:


a 6 fingered glove - takes it.

precious stones that have been polished - takes it

more mithril - obviously takes it.

finds a mind reading potion - you guessed it, takes it.

Wedding bands

a moon colored potion

hard-to-find silk

skeleton keys.

jewelry


etc. 


So he just about clear the chest when he finds a small metal box that looks like a jewelry box. Yeah, it looks ordinary, nothing of use. He opens it, and nothing. 


Closes it, and is about to set it down, when it jingles. 


Malus looses his mind. Opens it. find nothing. Shows it to Jharak and Elias. Jharak puts a copper piece inside, closes it, shakes it, opens it.


it's missing. 


Malus goes nuts over this box; like so insane  as if he has the mind of a child.



Part 2:


They finally head to the main deck and find that someone was killed and subsequently turned to ashes by a stray thunderbolt. 

They have the bottle in their hands when the captain approaches them and asks if they can give assistance to helping man the ship since they also lost someone to the sea. 


Captain notices Jharak hiding something behind his back, asks what it is, Jharak USES MAGE HAND to hold the bottle behind him so he could show the captain that he is "Holding nothing"


and as Thumig makes a grab for it, Malus has his little shadow minion grab the bottle and place it in Jharak's bag.



The captain mistrusts them but has no real cause to throw them off the ship... yet. 




*They threw the bones of the dwarf into the sea.*



But, I am trying to think what would happen if one of them drinks the silly "ocean potion" as they call it. 


I call it the bottle of storms (like the song of storms?) lol yeah... I need help. 

© 2015 Hope_Lescase


Author's Note

Hope_Lescase
I was writing this in haste, please forgive any mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

727 Views
Added on December 18, 2015
Last Updated on December 18, 2015
Tags: Dungeons & Dragons, Dungeon Master, DM, D&D, Dwarves, Elves, Sorcerer, Magic, Archery

Author

Hope_Lescase
Hope_Lescase

About
Day and Night, I sit by a computer, drinking coffee and tea, with my cat by my side. - Well, I love gardening and drawing. While it may seem boring to some, I know that I am penning new adventures.. more..

Writing
The Players The Players

A Chapter by Hope_Lescase