One-self

One-self

A Story by Niall Madden
"

If man is one part brain, yet two parts heart. Whom can argue that we have characters in our head, to play separate parts.

"

Life is barren hostile wasteland.

This is what I have concluded. We are launched together, you and I, we are self-conscious missiles barraged on to a orb of survival. We are told what is and what is not, can you truly understand the complexity of human feeling "of course studies show..." is the typical answer. I mean to ask what is feeling, a subjective injection of clouded judgement, you have no clear truth that you and I truly feel sad, is it not logical to conclude that you believe so hard in this emotional farce that you plant the idea onto yourself and re-apply it to a situation as if it were some lack-lustre paint job to substitute a form of expressionism.


If you can truly grip this idea then you may follow this story. I admit that, I take a stance that rejects all form of morality but morality is just another ploy. I state it clear that a devil is a blessing in disguise. This is clearly the works of a madman, if that fits your play I shall crazy up the stage. When the devil wishes to gain power he uses a character a serpent to eve, temptation to you and I, a woman who is young and in her prime willing to give love freely, to the failing househusband. This is considered evil. I believe that there is no good nor evil. Only character however I prefer you to perceive it as roles, A you and a I if you will. for example you will observe in many cases of serial killers let us take ted Bundy, as example material a normal, good honest man presenting no problem to life yet at the same time a sick, sinister more serpent like role. He had two self's, therefore the idea of self is redundant by paradox. How can you have another you who is I, if self is individual how is it therefore replicated and altered.

So I propose this that we hold these altered dimensions of our subjective "personality's" and allow them to take actions in our lives therefore they hold the blame, do you follow? so if  the you were to do something the I would be free, a good and a evil divided so gorgeously, perfection herself was in such awe she ceased existence. Simplified, the idea is that we are all two-self being's not one-dimensional men. Therefore our actions blame lies in one or the other leading to a fairer judgment instead of morality. just as the devil plays his roles we play ours that is why he is a blessing, a teacher of pure undivided, character.


She has entered the hospital as a rippled bead of sweat rolls down a endured visage. Strolling up to the desk as if the last ten years were a nightmare, They were but she forms them into were. If you can take a subconscious thought and form reality from it. She glances toward her arm the rigid scars, hold a much more inflictive pain from inside her, only know through her clenched eyelids and tightened fists. Awoken "Mr.Gael" a nurse pauses, then with a brisk clearing of her throat "Mr.Gael! time to go" he rose in a laborious manner and paced, towards the slab of reformed steel that had swindled freedom away from him. She sat, with a slow tap of her foot, and a constant fidget that was easily noticed. The nurse had left, she knew I mere fractions of her own time, he would be here. He was assisted down the dull steps, he was silent in a century long journey conversation was, unspoken only nods and grunts. she rose, waiting was too hard, pacing from side to side, tapping and touching, it was happening, From shadows he saw her in his darkened white attire, he approached at a slow, trudging, pace. She saw, him but waited he had to return into her life. He did.


So you & I let us begin, You cut my wife's chest. How could you? I screamed in resistance "let her go". You used her blood as ritualised love. I attempted some form of sorrowful hug. You drew and danced a deathly score. I stopped I cried and cried some more. You began to carve, etch and scrape. I lay in pure unrealistic state. You planted the blade in wounded heart, I looked up close as I inspected art, You stopped, withdrawn and began to call. I laughed at the hilarity of her bloodied gown. As you sobbed in a corner, until uniformed barons arrived. I began to be beaten and dragged away.

While you lay there in tears... Allowed to stay

© 2015 Niall Madden


Author's Note

Niall Madden
dark short story using the occult to explore deeper ideas. all feedback appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a very interesting read. I enjoyed reading it aloud. I found it very fascinating. There are so many layers in a person's personality. I believe, every person is inherently good, but we all have the potential to do evil. Whether we mean to or not... Like the saying goes, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" I
I must say, I read this, a couple more times and it's still makes me think.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was a very interesting read. I enjoyed reading it aloud. I found it very fascinating. There are so many layers in a person's personality. I believe, every person is inherently good, but we all have the potential to do evil. Whether we mean to or not... Like the saying goes, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" I
I must say, I read this, a couple more times and it's still makes me think.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Most of that was so deep I couldn't reach it but I thin I understand what you were saying. Your writing is fantastic and thought provoking. Nice job!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Niall Madden

9 Years Ago

thank you really appreciate your review :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 18, 2015
Tags: Short story, split, emotion, dark, occult

Author

Niall Madden
Niall Madden

United Kingdom



About
Hi, I am trying to build a portfolio of short stories and get my writing skills better, so any feedback is very welcome :) more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Niall Madden