The Fire in my Heart

The Fire in my Heart

A Poem by Howling_Wolf
"

This my first attempt of poetry.

"
The flames in my heart reduced to mere embers;

The desire for wonder and life fade as well.

The fog filled night sky opens to reveal a sea of stars;

I long for the flames in my heart to be as bright as a star.

© 2016 Howling_Wolf


Author's Note

Howling_Wolf
What do you honestly think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

As a first poem, this connects with your inner self, or so it seems. This is where the writer draws from their own well and expresses concepts in such a manner as to bring the reader into your world. This is a great first step.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this. Right to the point. This was a pleasant warm up for checking out your other stories.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This made feel like love and hope is still waiting and staring back at me.
wanting me to make a move

Posted 7 Years Ago


We all crave to burn as bright as a star, don't we? Well penned! I found it very relatable. The flames in my heart reduce to embers so frequently, it's the norm. Then I let myself look up at the sky, people I find inspiring, my favourite books, and my heart starts to flicker again as I long to burn as bright.

Great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I honestly think it is short, sweet and to the point. I like it.

If the flames in your heart were to burn as bright as a star then you would, besides having major heart burn, would in fact be dead.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Howling_Wolf

7 Years Ago

Its nice to see you Black Wolf, and thank you for the review. Your comment put a grin on my face. In.. read more
Wølfy

7 Years Ago

Haha yeah. I know what you meant. I just like to be a smart a*s at times.
Dylan I think it's a great attempt at poetry, I think you did very well to create both the imageries and deep thoughts... Wishing you all the good luck for your upcoming poetry writes...


Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Howling_Wolf

7 Years Ago

Thank you Dhiman for taking the time to write a review. I might try to write poetry every once in wh.. read more
Beautiful and incredibly sad. That tiny ember of hope, the longing for reignition so important.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Howling_Wolf

7 Years Ago

Thank you S. Mi for writing a review. Even if the flame has been reduced, embers or not, it can be .. read more
Shannon

7 Years Ago

Not over complicated in the least. Beautifully restrained actually.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

748 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2016
Last Updated on August 14, 2016

Author

Howling_Wolf
Howling_Wolf

VA



About
My name is Dylan, and I'm trying to be writer. I like to write about anything that my mind makes up, mostly Fantasy based stories. I hope to grow as a writer here, and possible make friends as well. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I believe.... I believe....

A Poem by Ella


Shimmer Shimmer

A Poem by D Connolly