2 Bodies 1 Soul

2 Bodies 1 Soul

A Story by Frances Alvarado
"

It's about a teenager who gets killed by a demon and gets revenge.

"

Don't look back, don't look to the sides, and don't touch anything” the clown said. I didn't understand what he meant by that. I felt like leaving the line but he pushed me in the big tent. I didn't know whether to come back the way I came or to check out the dark, long tunnel. I shrugged and kept walking forward. I saw a small light in front of me. It must be the way out. When suddenly I heard footsteps behind me. At first I thought it was another person in the line, but it was breathing down my neck inhumanly. I thought about looking back but I remembered the clown's advice.


On the ground some words were carved. Don't look back then there was scratch marks as if someone was dragged away. I could feel it walking behind me. I couldn't look back, I was so close to the exit when I saw more words on the ground. Instead of it carved it was written in dark red, which looked wet. You have 15 seconds to run out the exit. I panicked when I saw a number being written in front of me with nothing writing it. Fourteen. It was counting down. I started to run as fast as I could. It was behind me and taking 5 steps for every one I took. Twelve, eleven, ten. Tears flowed down my cheeks. Three. The exit was centimeters away but something grabbed my foot and I tripped. I still didn't look back and I tried to kick it off but it dragged me.


My heart raced, like a runaway train, going faster and faster. The lights were freedom laid had now been consumed by darkness. I tried to scream for help but no sound came out. Thump. I was now being dragged down the stairs, with my head banging against every step. Thump, Thump, Thump. At this point everything was starting to spin and everything was being consumed by darkness. I had lost consciousness right when we reach the bottom step.


There are blurred images of faces peering down at me and moving away then darkness comes again. Consciousness fades in and out. I can’t tell if I am dreaming or not. One moment I'm in an amusement park tunnel next I'm being dragged down the stairs. Gradually things become clearer and I am a little bit more aware during these periods of consciousness. I am in a bed with my hands strapped down to the sides of the bed. I look around and see a dark figure in a chair. He gets up and walks toward me. “Ah, I see you've finally awaken”, said the dark figure.

“Who are you and why am I here?”, I said.

“My name is Aiden and your here because of my selfish desire for incomplete ones. Especially beautiful girls with red hair”

“What are you and why me?”

“I'm a demon and because you're an incomplete one”

“What do you mean by that and "selfish desire"?”

“It should be obvious right now but I’ll say it anyway I eat your kind and what are you talking about?"

"About incomplete ones"

"Well, it's no shock that you don't know"

"Don't know what?!"

"I'm getting hungry. Its your time to shine. Emma and Chris get down here!”

“You called, Master Aiden” said Emma and Chris in unison.

“Its time to eat”, Aiden said while smiling viciously. 


My mind was trapped helplessly and I silently scream within my own body. Chris bit down on my throat, my shriek devolved into a gurgle. Emma scooped up a finger, placing it in her mouth. With inhuman strength, she chewed and swallowed. I heard her giggle. I tried to scream but I couldn't. I could have fought back but I didn't. Aiden took hold of my long, red hair and laughed. “Like fire,” He said. “I like playing with fire...like blood...I like the taste of blood.” With that said he embedded his sharp teeth into my neck. I felt dizzy. They shredded me like wild animals, bits of flesh and blood caking to their fine dress and teeth. As I was being devoured, they all smiled. Everything faded to black.


The first thing I felt when I woke up was the pounding pressure in my head. My eyes felt heavy, and my body felt different. I opened my eyes to see darkness all around me. Why am I seeing in the dark? Wasn't I suppose to be dead? I saw a mirror in the far end of this dark room. I walked to it and was shocked at my own reflection. I had pale, creamy skin that could be achieved of years without sunlight. I had on a beautiful dress that highlighted every curve of my body. It was black and adorned with silver roses woven into a lace border. As I moved around while observing myself in the mirror, the dress flowed around me and it gave an impression that I was gliding weightlessly around the mirror. I turned around when I saw a bright light coming from the stairs. My vision was blurry for a second when I saw a girl coming out of the bright light.


A girl with red hair, wearing a white dress walked through the bright light and down the stairs. Her red locks of hair cascading past her shoulders, pale skin with luminous glow, almost translucent. She turned and pierced me with her gleaming emerald stare. Her eyes seemed to bore into the depths of my soul. There was no question that this woman was not human. I wanted to run for my life, but my feet would not allow me to do so. Her very presence was so enchanting and otherworldly that I remained motionless. She was right in front of me when I realized she was identical to me.

“Who are you and why do you look like me?” I said.

“Shh, my child. Give me your hands” she said quietly. My hands automatically landed on hers. My body wasn't responding to me but to her. “On a helpless but pretty night, soothing and comforting and prospering on the eyelids. Surrounded by the lively and bright fields of heaven. As I at this moment make this promise to join like twins. Like a string of breaths, winds grab a hold of us. I at this moment and through eternity where the winds of the red soul as I make this promise and bind my soul to yours.” The light from before came once again but this time the light was so intense. Everything faded to white.


I woke up once again on the floor. The girl from before had disappeared. I walked to the mirror and was shocked at my own reflection. Instead of the black dress that I was wearing, I had a white dress and it was adorned with black roses woven into a lace border.

“Where did that girl go?” I said

“I'm right here” My eyes went wide.

“Where are you?”

“Hey, I'll give you a hint. Look at the mirror” My eyes went even wider when I saw my reflection changed into that girl wearing a black dress instead of white.

“Why are you wearing a black dress and I'm wearing a white dress?”

“Well, you see you and I are one. I was your angelic counterpart and you were my demonic counterpart. I was forced out of your body and your demonic part was sealed away. Once Aiden, Chris, and Emma killed you, it broke the seal and I was able to find you.”

“Why are all my feelings hatred and getting revenge on them”

“Like I said your demonic part seal was broken, so now we must wait until its complete in order for you to kill the demons that killed you and you'll get your angelic and demonic wings once again and you'll be at ease. We'll be able to go to Garden of Edel and live in peace with many other people who are both half demon and half angel. The ritual will be complete once you kill them. Now go and don't come back until its complete” My mind was not helpless anymore nor was my body. I was in control and nothing was gonna change that. I took a deep breath and walked up the stairs and silently pushed open the thick, heavy door.


The first thing I saw was Chris sitting in a chair listening to music on full blast. I took the vase that was near the basement door and slammed it on his head. He fell to the floor but was still conscious. I pounced on Chris, my hands on his throat. I viciously slammed his skull on the floor, holding him down. His face draining, I picked up the fork and slowly eased it in each of his eyes, gore and white slime oozing and pouring down his cheeks. “One down, two to go”, I said while smirking.


I looked up and saw the horror on Emma's face. She turned around and screamed. I quickly got up and took the pot from the stove. In an instant I was behind her and I raised the pot high up before striking Emma's head with it. She fell to the ground, and I loomed over her. I hit her again and again and again until the pot could not take anymore. “Two down, one more to go. The best for last”, I said. The door swung open. The man standing there wore a look of complete shock and annoyance.

Aiden said, “Emma, will you shut up. I'm trying to... Isabella? How? You're.. alive...” I looked up.

“You... killed me?”

“I...” I stalked up to the rather large man. Placing a palm on his chest, I shoved him backward sending him through the thick, basement door and down the stairs. He fell against the mirror which crashed to the floor, shattering to pieces. With sheer instinct I grabbed a shard of glass and plunged it into his heart but I didn't stop there. I followed through, pushing the full shard into his body, twisting and turning, making the hole big enough for my fist to fit through. I grabbed hold of his heart and pulled it from his chest, held it up to my face and licked it. I cut a piece from his heart and picked it up by inserting the tip of the long knife, which I had kept in my pocket. Very delicately I straightened the knife to carry the blood, sprinkling meat piece to my mouth. A red stream of blood, emanating from the tip and traveled down the shining, sharp, steel blade. Few blood drops spilled from my lips' joint at the right side as soon as I started chewing the piece. I smiled after gulping the meat.

“Revenge sure is sweet”, I said while laughing evilly.

“The ritual is complete. Now you will feel a bit of pain to complete your transformation” My body started to feel different. I screamed in pain. My dress changed into a long dress with half of it white and half of it black with the back open. I screamed louder when I felt my back open wide and a pair of wings came out. One of them was completely white with soft feathers and the other was completely black with rough feather that was mixed with blood. My head started spinning, or was it the room? It was like I was in a vortex, spinning faster, faster, faster. The room became a blur and everything faded to black.


© 2014 Frances Alvarado


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. Incredible. 'Revenge sure is sweet' indeed. Great, gory revenge story. '2 Bodies, 1 Soul' is a well written story , thank you for sharing your talent , I enjoyed it. ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Added on April 5, 2014
Last Updated on April 5, 2014