Creepy Stalker

Creepy Stalker

A Story by Chloe
"

This is like "A Pure Silence". I had an assignment from my Honors English class to write about a historical moment. I chose the memory that I have the most pieces to of me, my best friend, and our long-lost friend Alex. I had to read this to the class. So

"

 

      Tennis season 2007 was coming to a close. Prior to my final match of the season, my best friend Esther and I strolled to the Asain restaurant across the street after our last practice. We were half way to our destination, and I had the strange sensation as if I was being x-rayed, when Esther asked me, "Do you feel like someone is watching us?" "Yeah," I replied, "I was just about to ask you that myself." Then we slowly merged our focus back to our conversation of how Esther's host mom had forced her and her boyfriend to end their near perfect relationship.
               Esther had come to me from Germany as an exchange student. The two of us had met on the very first tennis practice, and we have been the best of companions ever since. I found I could expose all of my feelings to her and I felt completely safe while doing so. The same was for her to me, and as we climbed up the short steps into the restaurant the purging of her emotions towards her host mom ceased and she again said "I really feel like I'm being watched." Clambering into the restaurant noisily like the two teenage girls we are, we bought fried rice, and took our seats at the booth nearest to the window which was displaying the usual spring dusk ritual.
Easing back into her rant on her host mom, it didn't take even two minutes for Esther to yet again halter her speech as a tall young man with long blonde hair that hid his eyes from view, a full beard, wearing a bright blue t-shirt, khaki shorts, tube socks, and black converse high tops trudged his way happily to the soda collection located on the side of the room opposite Esther and I. This clumsy young man was Esther's now forced ex-boyfriend, Alex. "Ha!" I exclaimed, "So that's who was spying on us!" Shaking her head across the booth from me, Esther had the usual wide grin spanning across her face; the same grin that ended up there every time she saw Alex. Without even glancing at us once as he snatched a Jones Soda and paid for it, Alex then turned from the front counter and smiled widely at Esther and me. I will never forget that smile at that moment. He plopped down next to Esther in the booth as Esther spat out "Were you spying on us while we walked over here?!" Alex replied, "Heh, um, yeah". "You're such a creepy stalker!" I joked. "Chloe, you walk funny." he claimed. He had just spied on us because Alex had felt like spying on us; not that we would find it strange or anything.
An hour went by before we had realized it. Esther had made puns at Alex, which he giggled at and shot back his own jokes. Majority of this time I found myself gazing at the pair of them: a happy couple. We never ran out of topics to rant on as this hour slipped on by, and most of those were in fact quite profane. This hour will never come back to me. As hard as I may squeeze my eyes shut and channel my memories of Alex and Esther, to this specific hour, I can never have it back.
On October 29th of that year, Alex had left the world behind. I've been living every second that I have thought of him, as he is still my friend and he will never be able to make fun of the way I walk again. The way Alex died is misunderstood by everyone to this very moment. No one knows exactly why he pulled that trigger. And no, Esther did not break up with him (not one of those rumors between them, concerning his death, are true). Furthermore, I refuse to discuss for practical reasons.
Alex was a hilarious individual that would never let an opportunity to make someone laugh or to say "what the cheese" pass by him. He loved The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and The Decemberists (and I know this for I borrowed his Ipod before my tennis matches to ease my nerves), and he could play "Bron-yr-aur" by Led Zeppelin on his father's Gibson guitar with ease. Converse high tops assisted him in his pro-hackey sack competitions and trying to instruct Esther and me how to play as well as he did. Alex was a truly amazing person. Within every heart that met Alex, Alex still has a place there.
I wish that I could see Alex just one more time again. Many questions linger in my mind for him. I long so much to watch him and Esther hold hands or to hear him say "what the cheese" one more time. When I miss Alex during these times, I recall the time that I was once able to call him a creepy stalker and laugh at my own joke. I crave that Alex could be Esther and my self's creepy stalker just once more.

 

© 2008 Chloe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This one hit me hard I have to say. 2 of my best friends (Kristen and Jason) died in a car accident on Thanksgiving '07. They were in love and Kristen had twins on the way. They we're only 17 and I don't know why they had to leave so soon but I wish they were here again as well. I feel for you. This is an amazing piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This one hit me hard I have to say. 2 of my best friends (Kristen and Jason) died in a car accident on Thanksgiving '07. They were in love and Kristen had twins on the way. They we're only 17 and I don't know why they had to leave so soon but I wish they were here again as well. I feel for you. This is an amazing piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 28, 2008
Last Updated on December 28, 2008

Author

Chloe
Chloe

Seattle, WA



About
I am a 16-year-old young writer and I live in Seattle, Washington. I began writing when I was about nine. Then, I began to play some guitar and I realized that I had talent for music also. So poetry a.. more..

Writing
Picnic Picnic

A Poem by Chloe


Rival Rival

A Poem by Chloe