Machiavellian Stratagem

Machiavellian Stratagem

A Poem by Erudite

I'm a clever deviant.

Rebelling, then revelling in my prudent pedantry.

What's that? You're so far above me?

Why, of course you are! Don't let me stop your ego from inflating like a hot air balloon.

Now, on to the semantics. I present myself as irrational, yet I'm indubitably balanced.

It's a strategy, see? With my feigned stupidity, I instill in you undue confidence.

You follow me down my rabbit hole, while assuming you're the one who's more cognizant.

My oh my, could I be seeing this with my own eyes?

You've become a fly, hovering erratically toward the light, but suddenly you get stuck to the paper.

I've watched so many others, just like you, in their dying moments. It's so fascinating to me, watching your breath escape you! I'm enthralled by the coming moment when I get to see your struggling stop.

When someone is dying, their inner battle with the idea of hope becomes all too visible.

You can see them pray, wriggle, scream, and beg, all to no avail.

And then, in a moment it's all over.

Come now, child. Let your death be easy. Life requires all too much effort.

If you want a way out of this pain, boy, take my hand and I'll show it to you.

You wriggling, wandering wretch. You've been searching for the cause of your misery.

Verily I declare unto you: The shadow behind your suffering has been me all along.

© 2017 Erudite


Author's Note

Erudite
This is a poem written from the darkest part of me, the part that wants to dominate others. The last four lines, though, represents that dark part speaking back to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh boy...totally wicked! The last four lines...real badass. Brutally amazing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

477 Views
1 Review
Added on December 3, 2016
Last Updated on December 13, 2017
Tags: poetry, manipulation, dark, twisted

Author

Erudite
Erudite

Riverside, CA



About
Greetings, reader. Please do enjoy this music I've prepared for you, and don't be too bashful to take a peek at some of my writings. My poem titled "Ah, To Float in My Boat" is one of my personal .. more..

Writing