Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by ALITR
"

Why do I have to write a description of every chapter. This is stupid.

"
I woke up in the locker, but it was on its back. I tasted blood. I pushed the door and it flew open. I got up and saw Pierce with his face in his hands saying "oh god, oh god, oh god" over and over again.

"Pierce?" I said, sitting up.

"Garry! You-you're not-" "What the hell is going on?" I asked. Pierce waited. “*sigh* w-well when the bomb went off-"

"A BOMB?" I said, trying to stand up.

He pointed to a huge chunk taken out of the main building.

"Well what the f**k do you think it was? A microwave?" "Could've been." I said. "Shut the f**k up Garry, this is serious." "Anyway," He continued grimly. "When it went off, I didn’t pass out like you apparently did, I-" he paused. "I thought you were dead. But then the lockers were knocked out of the wall and fell one story to the ground" "That's all that happened. You've only been out for thirty minutes."

Thirty minutes. I sat and thought about that. "I just hope that we're not the only survi... survivors!" "What?" Pierce asked. "We need to search the school for survivors!"

As we walked towards the main building I wanted to ask Pierce something "By the way, if you thought I was dead then why did you stay there?" Pierce hesitated. "I-I wasn’t sure, but I couldn’t open the locker door, it was bent in a way that I would need a crowbar to open it from the outside." Pierce exhaled.

"If you didn’t wake up, I wouldn’t know what to do next."

* * *

When we got to the school it was 2:04, about thirty minutes before school would be out. But I had a feeling class was canceled.

We went up to the second floor, where a few steps had been blown out by the blast. We had to climb on the railing to get up instead. But when we did, there was only one thing as far as I could see.

Dead bodies.

Everywhere I looked. Dead. The word rang against my skull like nails on a chalkboard. I puked, wanting to kill myself, wishing whatever it was had finished the job... No, Pierce and I survived for a reason. But for what... Then, weeping broke through the silence of thought.

Pierce and I looked at each other. "Where is it coming from?" I asked. "Room 218, I think” I looked to the far end of the hallway and saw room 218, Mr. Malone's room.

There was a lot of crumbling floor down that way, so we had to be careful. We had just started to make our way across when the floor under Pierce gave way.

”FuckfuckfuckFUCK!” He slipped and fell forwards, his top half sprawled on the ledge he had created, grabbing and clawing for a handhold. I caught his hand at just the last second."Close one buddy." "Shut the hell up, Garry." with Pierce's help, I was able to lift him on to solid ground and we make our way across the hall, more carefully this time.

When we finally got there, the crying had not faltered. I opened the door, (carefully, of course) and saw a girl, who I immediately recognized as the brunette from the bus, uncontrollably crying, bawling.

It looked like she had been pushed against the wall by the blast, and her thick coat was badly burnt.

And then I felt horrible. She saw her friends, her teachers, her classmates die, right before her as the building shook and crumbled. She was petrified. With my most calming voice, I knelt down and said, "Don't worry, everything is going to be all right." I don't know why I said that. I didn't believe it myself.

She looked up and threw her arms around me, still crying. A little bit surprised, I put my arms around her and held her, held her until she stopped crying.


© 2014 ALITR


Author's Note

ALITR
Again, too fast? I feel like there's a lot more that could be said

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on June 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2014
Tags: Tags, are, useless
Previous Versions


Author

ALITR
ALITR

Sacramento, CA



About
dark themes, dank meames more..

Writing
Mind Filters Mind Filters

A Poem by ALITR


Flash cards Flash cards

A Poem by ALITR