Infinity.

Infinity.

A Poem by Idealistik
"

A train of thought I had on a car journey that started when hearing the word "infinity".

"
Infinity. Endless options, endless beings going about doing endless things. Looking at places I've not visited, which are home to people I'm yet to meet. Exploring streets I'd merely be a tourist in. They will know the streets like the back of their hand. Memories formed in specific areas. Much like myself in my hometown. My hometown isn't much, it's a shipwreck. But it's my shipwreck, and I will always crave it. The streets I've walked, I've had memories in. Familiar faces and familiar surroundings. Such as when we sledged down the hill in wheelie bins. Or when we got drunk and walked along singing at the top of our lungs in the winter air. Or how we would walk along the coast, the fresh sea air filling us, almost intoxicating. I will always love my hometown. I will always love my family. I will always love my friends. They are the ones who keep me grounded. The ones who offer support. The ones who have my back. And I will forever be indebted to them. But one thing I find humorous is how people will believe I see them as friends. They're nothing but people I would have once traveled to the ends of the Earth for. However, I would struggle to give them the time of day if they were to ask. People who's voices I once longed to hear, now makes me want to beat my fist into concrete. I would rather walk into the cold ocean and rid myself of every ailment I possess, than to hear their voices and laughs. What I once loved, now is nothing more to me than nails on a chalkboard. While these people will be associated with the streets I walk and the memories I possess, my hometown has brought me more joy and introduced me to some of the strongest, most beautiful people I will ever meet. Home is where the heart is. My heart is where my home is. The coast is where I belong. The coast is my home. This town is where I will forever associate myself.

© 2017 Idealistik


Author's Note

Idealistik
If there are any spelling/grammatical mistakes, I apologise. My train of thought was rushed and I wanted to get everything out. This is my first attempt at a proper journal style writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on September 15, 2017
Last Updated on September 15, 2017
Tags: Infinity, Thoughts, Home, Family, Love, Fun, Happiness, Memories, Youth

Author