Cry little baby don't you hush

Cry little baby don't you hush

A Poem by Idyllwyld
"

Charlie the Choo-choo's nursery rhyme to the wee-lil' kiddies onboard. Sleep tight, tikes. See you later alligator. After a while crocodile. Don't forget to write.

"

Cry little baby don't you hush,

Papa's gonna make you bleed and gush.

 

And if those deepful wounds should heal,

Papa's gonna grab your skin and peel.

 

And if those arms and legs should break,

Papa's gonna toss you in a lake.

 

And when you think you'll breathe no more,

Papa's gonna save you just for more...

© 2008 Idyllwyld


Author's Note

Idyllwyld
I usually proofread my works, however as always I'm sure there are typos and syntax errors. I appreciate any and all notices of that, and will work to correct those. If I haven't do know that I did acknowledge your notice and try implementing it, but found that it detracted from the effect I wanted and so omitted it.

Oh, and you'll see this again. Blaine sings it in DMT.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, it's not totally original in its composure, but it definitely was amusing. Sometimes good poetry is about taking something that already exists and augmenting it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


A great twist to a nursery classic. Its macabre and dark. The descriptions should make my skin crawl, but it doesn't, i won't ask myself why as of yet. Anyway great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I think I'm in love...with such a sadistic little poem XD

You pull no punches here, and it's pretty much FANTASTIC. You make my heart hurt with each and every descriptor, and I think I feel my blood pressure rising. This is masterful poetry, Sir. Masterful, frighting, gory, and very VERY vivid. It's hard-hitting, gut-wrenching, and just...LOVELY.

You make me very happy that I lack a father figure. I think I'll sleep better tonight.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2008

Author

Idyllwyld
Idyllwyld

Mission Hills, CA



About
Hrmmm. I could get back to this...but perhaps I won't? And this little box of a biography might be all you could possible gleam to know about me, if you're even reading this. Or even reading this to k.. more..

Writing