Small World

Small World

A Story by Once upon a time
"

The story of creation for animals.

"

While Alpin lay at his mothers breast upon birth, she sighed the sigh of relief and acknowledgement at the power that she had just released. The other Gods were furious at the union between Lenia and Une, powers such as theirs were too strong to be combined into one being. Before her newborn even woke, Lenia was tore from his side by the other Gods, angry that she gave birth to one so strong. Une never left his thrown to see his son.

When finally he opened his blue eyes, the world got lifted out of darkness into creation. When Alpin yawned for the first time, great green plains rolled out along the surface. When he cried the tears of hunger, trees arose from the ground. When he was angry in want of attention, mountains broke the surface and rose into the sky. While he cried himself to sleep lakes and oceans were filled with tears, and the world was created in that one day of grief and confusion.

Eventually the Gods grew fearful of the revenge Alpin might lay on them if he survived and learned of what they had done to his mother. The Goddess Uni, Une's sister, was sent out to find him and bring him home and raise him as her own. With disgust she did what she was told. Upon laying his eyes on Ren, Alpin instantly filled his world with her likeness. Her beauty was unimaginable. She was glowing pale and soft. She had four legs with cloven hooves that left decorative adornments on the dirt as she passed over it. Tufts of silkin hair encircled her ankles. Her neck was long and slender, curving up to her chin where she had a lovely beard. Her ears perked high toward the clouds. On top of her head was a golden spear that twisted up and up. On her back beat graceful wings that made sounds like thunder, and although he was an infant, Alpin fell instantly in love with Uni.

Over the years, Uni began to grow affectionate with Alpin, and forgot his lineage and her disgust with raising him. He was told nothing of his heritage or of his mother. Uni was his mother, and he loved her. She was the image of everything that was right. And in the world that Alpin had subconciously created, she was every being.


As Alpin grew older and saw more of the world that he lived in, Heaven, things that belonged there were added into his world. The Sun, Moon, Stars and Clouds. Beings that resembled the Gods he met were created. Beings that were large and strong with howling throats. But never a being that looked as himself. But even as these new beings were added into his world, the Uni still flew through the skies and owned them. All of these beings lived together in harmony.

When Uni was growing older, she began to regret hiding the truth from her only son. She began to tell him the story of his birth and his mother Lenia. How his father Une was her brother and gave up his wife in order to secure his own spot in the hirearchy of the Gods. Furious, Alpin's rage tore him apart and his world. War began, and what had once been a beautiful world of peace, was now covered in rage and bloodshed. In his anger, Alpin tore the wings and horns off of the Uni creature's in his world. Leaving their heads bare and ugly. He took away the silkin hair that adorned their feet and chins, and left them on the grown, lowly and alone. He made all of the inhabitants of his little world speechless. He took away every beautiful piece of them that resemebled the Gods. And as for the creature that was made after Une, it was turned into a hairless, fat, pink skinned animal that groveled in its own filth.

© 2010 Once upon a time


Author's Note

Once upon a time
Ummm...just kind of went with the flow. Nots sure if there's any continuity errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on August 21, 2010
Last Updated on August 21, 2010