Mythian Academy: The Timeglass

Mythian Academy: The Timeglass

A Chapter by Imagery'sQuill
"

Enter the world of Layla Roth. A world that is full of adventure, mystery, and the traumatic hysteria of school life. Sheepish little Layla faces a broadening perspective of the world around her...

"

Enter the world of Layla Roth. A world that is full of adventure, mystery, and the traumatic hysteria of school life. Sheepish little Layla faces a broadening perspective of the world around her when her headmaster not only sends her out into the world unchaperoned with two companions, but also neglects to shine light upon the whole truth behind the Academy's existence and the significance of their mission. 

      ***

              To my dear First Years,

      The artifact stolen from the Academy is essential for the continuation of our existence. As you continue in your studies at the Academy, if you are successful, you will come to understand what all of this means, but for now you three are our best chance to retrieve it, I plead with you, do not lose your sense of self and try hard to work together to achieve your final goal. I suggest working together no matter how different your personalities may be. Team work will be your salvation.

      Your Teacher,

      Mr. Gale

      P.S. If you're ever lost just check the map. It will guide you throughout your journey.

      Oh and you must know, every myth that has ever had you in awe, every being that has ever frightened you, and everything you dream of truly exists.

      Good luck.

      ***

      Join Layla as she journeys to save her school, as she overcomes new and old foes, as she faces the truths of her world, and as she fights to survive her first year at Mythian Academy.


Prologue

Cloaked in shadows and surrounded by a dank musk, a tall dark haired man walks through a heavy wooden door. His movements carry him directly from a dimly lit, gray painted hallway into an even more light deprived atmosphere. One free hand pulls out a padded leather chair making it slide smoothly across the plain brown office rug. Seating himself, he places a stack of folders on his desk. Small hairline scratches show the real age of the well kept Victorian, mahogany desk. Slender hands pulls on the metal light switch to a lamp covered in a bleach white lace lamp shade, and electricity surges into the lamp causing it to give off a happy golden glow.

Behind the dark haired man a grand mahogany bookcase, full of different books, lines the wall. Shelves full of untapped knowledge and potential rest quietly in their sleeping quarters just waiting for a reader hungry for their unread words. To each side, to the left and right, of the holder of knowledge neat rows of portraits line both gray painted walls in matching mahogany frames. Going down the line of portraits each painting's style changes considerably as well as the dress and appearance of each subject captured in time. Mystery man's face hangs among these finely painted pieces of hidden history.

Upon further inspection of the black colored folders the man separates them into two different piles. One pile consists of regular folders that will later be discarded while the other pile contains the minority. Unlike the soon to be discarded pile each folder of the minority has the illusion of a golden shimmer shining through the dark black surface. Opening the first one his wise, all seeing eyes read over the corrected entrance exam. Closing it and opening another, he props his head up with his firm hand. Against the prized desk his fingers seem to create the sound of a bass drum sustaining a steady tempo.

"Who is going to take my place?" a heavy sigh escapes his parted lips.

"I wonder if it will be one of you."



© 2017 Imagery'sQuill


Author's Note

Imagery'sQuill
Any critics are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on January 25, 2017
Last Updated on January 25, 2017
Tags: #youngadult, #wattpad, #fantasy, #school