Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by DivergentObessed

The first thing I see is a big of group of leaves. When I remove them, they reveal a jungle. Vines, trees, moss, insects, and mostly anything you might find. I fan myself at the cause of high temperature and humidity.

    I peer back at the entrance through the bushes, but there is no door to be found. That damn b*****d is smart. I pull off my leather jacket and roll up my pant legs. Unfortunately, I can't take off my boots, there might be jagged, sharp rocks or poisonous plants.

   I stuff my jacket in my bag along with the projector. I take out the guns and daggers. I put the daggers on each side of my boot and my guns in my back pockets. I zip the bag and put it back on my back.

  I hear the chirping of birds and the rush of water. While I took in my new surroundings, I was attentive for danger.

  I was desperate for any trace that might have been from Alex. Alex wasn't like my best friend, but we were close. He was there to confront bullies, fights, and relationships. He was the one for comfort and happiness. I would just stare at him warm brown eyes that would spread through me and get a wide smile in an instant. His black hair seemed to always be put in place, unlike mine where one wash or night without a cap would cause it to go all over the place. He was gentle and patient, while when I wanted something, I'd expect it without hesitation. Even with the biggest of fights, we apologize at the end of the day. He's never given up on me, and there is no way I'm not going to do the same.

                                        0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0    0     0    0 

I've been walking for hours, learning new things in the jungle. Obviously I didn't know it was true or it was the scienist's doing.

  It's about sundown, I'm tired of walking. I sit down against a tree and take out a water bottle. I drink a quarter of it. As much as I wanted to drink the whole thing, savoring it was the wisest choice.

  I leaned my head against the bark, not caring if anything revolting lay on it. I had too much of a day to care.

   That's when I fell the heaviness of my eyelids taking over. Their to hard to resist as they are my desire. No longer protesting, darkness surrounds me and pulls me into it's unknown place.

  I run as fast as I can. The tree branches hit my face, and my feet hit the grass and rocks. Despite the pain I had to find him.

 I duck under a tree and see him, standing there, hands in his pockets looking at the river that lay between us. I felt a rush of excitement and relief.

"Alex!" I yelled.

 He looked up and saw me, a smile spreading on his face. I felt tears rush down my face as I jump into the river. The cold water hits me as I take my dive. I shoot up to the surface, and find him extending his hand. I swim and begin to reach for it, when something pulls me back. It wraps around my legs and it's heaviness starts to draw me under. I look down. It's some kind of black shadow. I look back up at Alex, who's  face full of concern.

"Alex, help!" I gasp for air as the shadow draws me even deeper. But he doesn't move. Not one muscle. Not one blink. I look into his eyes and see something like regret and pity.

  I try to keep myself on the surface, but instead the extreme weight from this shadow gets heavier. Heavier until I can't keep myself up anymore, and I plunge into the water.

I shoot up gasping for air, finding plenty. I pat myself and find that I'm dry. I sigh. It was just a dream. It's almost sunrise and my stomach grumbles. I reach in my bag and draw out an apple. I'm surprised that they were still in good condition.

  I ate the whole thing, with fast and furious bites. After deciding not to eat another, I continued on my way.

 I stopped. The sun was beginning to rise. How did that scientist do all this? Getting all temperatures,animals,insects,humidity, and....... it's just peculiar. I hope this thing don't last long. I want to find Alex and head home to mom. I wonder how she's doing. Probably freaking out, or calling everyone she knows, including the police. Before I left, I saw the fear in her eyes, as if she knew this would happen. I wish I could send a message it's and I was on my way to find Alex. But I knew that wasn't true.

  I realized that I haven't faced any danger so far. But I still kept my gun and knife on me. I let out a deep sigh. I wished this was a dream. Soon, I actually thought it was a dream, and to make sure I punched a tree.

  Unfortunately, it was real, and it came in real pain. I held my hand, shaking it as if it would make the pain go away. But soon it did.

  I leaned against the tree, and swatted the ladybug nearby. That's when I hear some twigs snap. I jump into action and grab my gun. I have never held or used one, but this seemed like the most confident choice. 

  I heard a deep grumble and  everything falls silent. I hold my breathe and brace myself for whatever happens next.

 



© 2014 DivergentObessed


Author's Note

DivergentObessed
I know this may be melodramatic... but it's okay!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on March 12, 2014
Last Updated on March 12, 2014