Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Incandescence

The moon was high in the night sky. Completely whole and silver. She admired the reflection of the moon in the calm pond water. It couldn't have been a more perfect sight.

With her chin rested on her overlapping hands, she wore a frown. It was May 20th and there was just a week left of school. One week left to figure out what job she wanted to volunteer for. Not that that was all that was on her mind. She also thought about how lonely she'd be without her friends. Unlike her, they were going on vacations out of state.

3:43 AM; the clock read. Her eyelids finally drooped low when she realized how late it was. For two weeks, she had stayed up till about four in the morning; school night or not. But a reason wasn't found. With heavy, slow footsteps, Isabelle walked over to her bed and plopped down hard. Soon enough sleep took over her entire body, leaving her in the darkness.

Image



"You can't be serious."

"Oh, I'm dead serious," Isabelle smirked.

"But why? It's gross. And it smells like alcohol and people have cancers! You might catch one!" Jenny complained.

Jenny was being her irritated, crabby self again. Not a thing could change that. But it was buggy Isabelle and she wasn't going to let her insult the Hospital, "It's rubbing alcohol. And besides, all the other volunteer places are packed with children from this school, so I think a hospital a few towns away will do just fine."

"But, I wanted to go work somewhere with you. You know, us together. Wasn't that the plan?"

Isabelle shrugged, "Was it?"

She glared at her smirking friend, "Please, Izzy! We can work here at the horse barn! See." The girl handed the application to her friend who looked at it with disgust

She shook her head, "No way will I clean up horse poo. I think I will take my chances catching cancer," Isabelle chuckled and walked to her final class of the day. Jenny huffed, bid good bye to her best friend and walked away.


© 2011 Incandescence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
Added on April 20, 2011
Last Updated on April 20, 2011
Tags: night, think, friend, jenny


Author

Incandescence
Incandescence

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Writing is what I've done my whole life. Sadly, I believe I'm losig my touch. But I will keep trying. No matter how bad my work is. I love Taylor Swift, Paramore, Michael Jackson and John Mayer. They .. more..

Writing