It's been three years

It's been three years

A Story by Indite

In three years time, you’re standing at the crossroads when you see her.

She’s got a brown leather bag hanging off one shoulder, and a pearly white ribbon around her neck. Her head bobs along to a song you can’t hear and you find yourself wondering what she sings in the shower these days �" what she listens to before falling asleep.

She used to joke that singing wasn’t her forte, and that music wasn’t her strength; but you loved her Sunday morning humming; her smile in your mouth, your fingers in her dress. She opens her eyes a little wider and then smiles and gives you a wave. There isn’t much time for talking as you walk past each other and the green man begins to flash.

You think her hair looks different, not the colour or the style, but the way it frames her face. She doesn’t look so girlish when she says ‘hey’ and offers you a grin. And when she walks past, you can’t help but turn and watch. You wonder who listens to her talk about the stars at night, or who carries her home when she’s drunk.

Three years ago she told you that she loved you. Today you almost say it back.


Originally written by Vanya Grover at

© 2017 Indite


Author's Note

Indite
I'll keep sharing more writings with you. Please review and visit http;//inditeitout.in to read more :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this very much it says a lot about someone who never gave up on the one he loved for all his life.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 28, 2017
Last Updated on January 28, 2017
Tags: Time, Girl