Ruptured planet

Ruptured planet

A Poem by C.Weaver
"

Poem about the end of the world. I'd appreciate, comments, or reviews (good and bad) thanks :).

"

Another sonic-scream from the heavens hits as the searchlight bombs rain down on us.

The burning zeppelin clouds roar and the sound resonates through the earth, shaking the ground and our frantic minds.

The sirens are screaming like terrified freaks and there’s no where left on this ruptured planet to hide.

Lightening vaporizes the darkness illuminating the white faces of the dearly departed

and we know

WE KNOW


there’s no way out of it this time.


The end is officially

f*****g

nigh.

© 2010 C.Weaver


Author's Note

C.Weaver
I wrote this while listening to "Gardenia" by the stoner-rock band kyuss. Its an expression of the feeling it gave me. Which seems to have manifested itself as a poem about the end of the world.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not sure if Ive made the right response, but I almost laughed at 'the end is officially f*****g nigh.' Its a classic phrase completely modernized with one f-bomb. Very 21st century. very now.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

444 Views
1 Review
Added on November 4, 2010
Last Updated on November 4, 2010
Tags: apocalypse, chaos, armageddon, destruction, Ruptured planet, C.Weaver.

Author

C.Weaver
C.Weaver

Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom



About
Hi! My name's Connor. I'm an aspiring writer, nothing serious at the moment, but i hope to one day be a journalist/professional author (we can all dream). more..

Writing
Pitches Pitches

A Poem by C.Weaver


My Plant My Plant

A Poem by C.Weaver


Mr Kruger Mr Kruger

A Poem by C.Weaver