Fragile

Fragile

A Story by C.Weaver
"

I wrote this after an emotionally draining dream.

"
There she was, on his doorstep. Shivering and drenched from the rain with streaks of mascara running down her cheeks. Wrapping his arms around her, he drew her into his embrace. He the felt icy rain water slowly soaking into his shirt. He heard her rapid uneven breath. He just wanted to protect her, he just wanted to pull her out of the cold uncaring outside world, in which something as beautiful as her could never exist. He held her for one perfect moment.

Suddenly a sharp electronic beeping tore through his head. The girl, the doorstep, the rainy day all disapeared and were replaced by light shining through his eyelids. The following thought was a chilling realisation. It had all been a dream! He tryed desperately to fade back into it, to postphone the outside world and recall the details. He felt like the girl was dying in front of him and he was desperately trying to resuscitate her.

Eventually he stopped and lay face down in his bed. Devastated. He could still picture the girl's face. He could remember her puffy eyes and her soaking wet hair. He could remember her thin fragile build and the way she shook in the cold, but most of all he could remember the feeling of holding her and protecting her. In that moment he had felt more love for that figment of his imagination than he did for anyone in his real life and now, to him, she was dead.

The feeling of grief was overwhelming and now came the realisation that he would have to return to the cold, uncaring world outside that he had been protecting the girl from. Bereft and shaking he crawled out of bed.

It was going to be a bad day.

© 2010 C.Weaver


Author's Note

C.Weaver
Might be some puctuation errors, or somthing, but enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a lot of promise to be a writer. I like this write. Its a very well written portrayal of how one deals with death.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! I really enjoyed reading this. Like JC Fisher, I was a little bit hesitant to begin with, but as I started to delve deeper into the story, I felt myself feel more and more captivated by all of your amazing imagery. I liked the concept behind this story, and the way in which every word seemed to be so taut with tension. A strong, emotional write. Nice work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


I did worry a little after the first paragraph because the 'woke up from a dream' kind of story is not my ideal story- too many times Ive reached the end of a book and its said 'then i woke up' and i groan! but actually this seems to be an exception- I completely relate to having an emotionally draining dream, waking up and feeling like the dream was my world and that somehow Ive lost something. Keep writing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 8, 2010
Last Updated on November 8, 2010

Author

C.Weaver
C.Weaver

Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom



About
Hi! My name's Connor. I'm an aspiring writer, nothing serious at the moment, but i hope to one day be a journalist/professional author (we can all dream). more..

Writing
Pitches Pitches

A Poem by C.Weaver


My Plant My Plant

A Poem by C.Weaver


Mr Kruger Mr Kruger

A Poem by C.Weaver