The pattering of a dieing heart

The pattering of a dieing heart

A Story by Hecate Zariah

He took one look at her; laying on the ground. The dark red crimson was pooling out from her stomach. His eyes full of worry and concern tinted red from the tears he forced back.
Pat. Pat.
That's the last thing she saw before her eyes closed allowing the darkness to creep over herself.
Pat. Pat.
The rain started lightly sounding with her heart. She knew she didn't have long.
Pat. Pat.
"I love you." She tried to say but her words were soundless.
Pat. Pat.
There was still so much she had wanted to say and do with him. Now she couldn't ever get the chance.
Pat.
She wasn't listening to the rain. It was drowned out as her senses began to fade. She was just listening to her heart beat now.
....Pat.
'I love you.....I love you....' The three words circled her head like an unwanted fly. She wished she could have said them one last time before she left this world. She left him behind in the pouring rain staring at her dead still body. The blood being washed from the streets no sign of the car that had left them there.

© 2012 Hecate Zariah


Author's Note

Hecate Zariah
Please Review

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a good story. I really felt the emotion of the girl. I think she was wrongfully killed, but I liked this. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
I enjoyed it greatly. It pulled me in and put it right before my eyes. Very strong and deep.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is extremly deep and though provoking. Wonderful write, keep at it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice writing. Wish there was more to read of it, though, this piece seems to have a long, intriguing backstory to it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really deep Jessica, it makes me wonder if it's really happening or not.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

430 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2010
Last Updated on August 6, 2012


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..