Inspiration

Inspiration

A Story by Ioanna Engarhos
"

She left his house one night, with the man still hovering over his desk.

"

Inspiration was lurking in the corner, hidden just out of sight..

She spent her days following a man. He took the train to work every morning, and went to his office every day, and went home to his kids every night.

But between his schedule, Inspiration saw something in that man. She watched him as he doodled pictures in his cubicle, and listened to the off-key tune he was whistling in the car. There was a spring in his step that propelled him further than the rest; it caught the attention of Inspiration in the first place.

And at home, he would sit in his office that was littered with his daughter’s toys for hours. The man would purposefully stare into his computer screen, his hands hovering over the key board. Sometimes he wrote a sentence, and then backtracked to the beginning again.

It was obvious to her that he was natural born storyteller; the way he read stories to his daughter was proof enough. He had a funny way of expressing himself that made others understand exactly what he was talking about. But the stare of the blank page scared him, and Inspiration hated to see more potential go to waste.

But that’s how the world works, she says. The man wasn’t special. The man wasn’t the only one, the best one, or the most creative one. Inspiration had thousands of cases before him that were the exact same.

And one day, Inspiration gave up on him. She left his house one night, with the man still hovering over his desk.

© 2018 Ioanna Engarhos


Author's Note

Ioanna Engarhos
Please leave a review :) Anything is appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow i love this the mystery the way inspiration was there but was also a word a meaning i just love this storythankyou so much

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hi there! So I think this was written very well, but there was one thing that threw me off a tad bit. What happened at the end? Perhaps I'm simply not catching on the way I should, but it seems Inspiration's departure wasn't explained to the reader too much. I mean, I know Inspiration left, but I feel the explanation as to why is equally as important. Just my thoughts. Otherwise, amazing work!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Ioanna Engarhos

5 Years Ago

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to not only write a review but to read my story :) I understand wh.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 1, 2018
Last Updated on May 1, 2018
Tags: short story, inspiration

Author

Ioanna Engarhos
Ioanna Engarhos

MA



About
"The greatest thing in life is just to love, and be loved in return." Moulin Rouge! "If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor no man ever loved." Sonnet 116, W. Shakespeare. "And a.. more..

Writing