Operation Eagle’s Nest

Operation Eagle’s Nest

A Chapter by Ravyne Hawke
"

Astraeus Earth Force Station, 2115 A.D.

"

Rourke stood in the Command Center and watched the Intergalactic News. The Katharsi reporter stated: Ambassador Amon has been attacked aboard his vessel by one of his entourage, a nephew of Lady Luna. The young man has been put under arrest and isolated in a containment unit until the Ambassador arrives safely at IBI in three days. The Ambassador is returning from Astraeus Earth Force Station where we have learned a Makaan parasite outbreak occurred during his visit. It is unknown at this time if Lady Luna’s nephew is infected or acting on his own will. We will update this story as more information unfolds.

            Rourke tapped on his link-in with the force of a hammer and waited until it buzzed to life. When Davies came up on the link, he yelled into the device, “The Ambassador was attacked! It was just on the news. Get up here, now!”

            He hated to yell at Davies, but his team had been searching for those two missing Makaa for two days now and were no closer to finding them. If one of them made it on board the Ambassador’s ship, Rourke would never be able to forgive himself. He had invited the Ambassador there and now he’d been attacked. He stood by the viewing window while his anger abated.

            Davies entered the Command Center, breathing heavily. He knew him and his team were in some deep s**t. “Commander?” he inquired as he joined Rourke at the window.

            Rourke continued to stare out into space, but replied, “I am sorry I yelled, Charles. I am sure you understand why I did so.”

            “Yes, I do, Jeremy. My team needed to hear your anger.”

            Rourke turned away from the window and walked to his desk. He sat down with a heavy sigh. “We need a break in all of this mess.”

            “I couldn’t agree more. My team has worked its way through every sector but Black Sector. They began their search an hour ago,” Davies informed. As he began to say more, the secure line buzzed.

            Incoming call from Admiral Chase.

            The computer startled Rourke, but he called out in a calm voice. “Answering call.”

            “Commander Rourke, this is Admiral Chase. I am sorry it has taken me so long to return your call. We are in a crisis here on Earth.”

            “I understand, Admiral. Did you get my formal request, sir?”

            “I did, Commander,” the Admiral said, his voice rough and raspy.

            “Admiral, I cannot tell you how urgently we need those blueprints.”

            “Commander, there is something I need to tell you in regards to those blueprints. Are you alone?”

            “Chief Davies is with me, sir.”

            “That is fine. He has the necessary clearance for this information. Commander, when Centrifuge began that section, they were designing a secure bunker. It was called Operation Eagle’s Nest.”

            “For whom, sir?”

            “For the President of UCE. You must understand, Commander, no one was to know what that secure bunker was for.”

            “So why did you pull funding and stop construction, Admiral?”

            “We were in negotiations with the Katharsi government for a safe haven on their planet in case the situation on Earth became grave. They came through with the agreement and we cancelled the project. You understand how important our alliance is with the Katharsi, Commander.”

            “I do, sir.”

            “Very well, Commander. This is still a classified project and these blueprints are as well. You need to insure that no unauthorized personnel has eyes on those blueprints.”

            “I assure you, sir. Those blueprints will remain locked in the safe in the Command Center. Only Chief Davies and I will have access to them. However, sir, I would like to procure the services of Michael Chen. He is a structural engineer who worked on parts of that Sector. He has already proven himself invaluable to our search for the Makaa.”

            “One minute, Commander.”

            Rourke tapped his fingers on the desk as he waited. He glanced over at Davies and gave him a half-smile. Finally the Admiral came back on the line.

            “He has the necessary clearance, Commander. You may show him the blueprints and elicit his assistance.”

            “Thank you, sir.”

            “The blueprints will arrive by an Earth Gov courier   tomorrow. Please insure his safety.”

            “I will make sure that when he docks, full security will be waiting for him, Admiral,” Davies declared.

            “Very well, gentlemen. I leave this in your hands,” the Admiral replied, then ended the call.



© 2015 Ravyne Hawke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 21, 2015
Last Updated on September 21, 2015
Tags: science fiction, thievery, betrayal, death, hackery


Author

Ravyne Hawke
Ravyne Hawke

Somewhere, VA



About
Writer of short fiction, flash fiction, and novellas. Genres include horror, science fiction and mysteries. Poet and Artist Lives in the Mountains of Virginia more..

Writing