Don't Give Up, The Trail Awaits

Don't Give Up, The Trail Awaits

A Story by Iris Anahi Brumfield
"

A little self-talk to help me accept that life has setbacks, but they are not the end of the road. If life throws me blocks, I will build a lego house.

"
I barely had a dream that I wish to make a reality, when life decided to set me back. Usually that meant devastation, it was the death of me. Another obstacle that I would have to surpass. I have grown so tired of obstacles, of all those that laugh at my endeavors and call them crazy. Usually I would give up, look for a dark corner to hide my shame and melt under the weight of my despair.
Well, I am not that afraid child that can so easily be broken down. I am fighting for my life and many may not understand it, you really don’t have to, because it is only mine and it is the right life for me. This time I am fighting back, because I have a contract with myself and a promise must be fulfilled.
Time, I never sat that one on stone, and although I wanted to assign a particular date to give it extra meaning, to make it an act of remembrance, it is okay. It would have been wonderful to, but this is really for me, the living, vibrant, fearless me.
I have to admit that I was not ready. Such knowledge is a bitter pill to swallow. I wanted to set off on this new adventure by pure stubbornness, assuring myself that I would learn what was necessary along the way. I probably would have made it, obstinate little thing that I am, failure is never a choice, but the lessons would have come at a greater price.
I don’t feel comfortable accepting defeat, and yet it cannot be called defeat, because the fire that drives me has not died. It is a life change that I am working on, and it is simply acceptance without judgement, without resentment, just accept that life goes at it’s own pace and it does not follow anyone’s command.
I will accept this setback as a time to prepare and train, so that when the time comes, my success would be more likely and the rewards sweeter.

© 2018 Iris Anahi Brumfield


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on February 10, 2018
Last Updated on February 10, 2018

Author

Iris Anahi Brumfield
Iris Anahi Brumfield

Arizona City, AZ



About
Some may call me dramatic, others reckless, oh, let them talk, because I am truly living. I give myself to the moment and let the beauty and the horrors in it to open my eyes. more..

Writing