Liar Liar

Liar Liar

A Story by nikki.s.
"

pants on fire.

"
It's funny that you call me a liar. When everything about you is a carefully crafted mask. Sometimes you would change them and I would think I saw the man underneath. I never did, you could read me like a book, but I never read you.  I tried but it was just another lie. Our life a neverending game of charades that no one wins. You gave me duplicity and expected complicity. Neither I or my mask was enough, you wanted to add your mark on me. Soon you crafted another mask on top of my own, but something took root underneath to match you. Desperately I yanked your masks off as you watched in the mirror. There seemed to be no end and nothing left underneath. How does a face just disappear? 
 As I take my face back I sing "liar, liar pants on fire. I lit your masks on fire. Your lies were never me."
I can, at last, see me in the mirror.

© 2017 nikki.s.


Author's Note

nikki.s.
I just wrote this quickly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You could "grow" this one and add to its relate-ability.

Posted 6 Years Ago


nikki.s.

6 Years Ago

Thank you and I will work on it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on May 26, 2017
Last Updated on May 26, 2017
Tags: hurt, love, lies.truth

Author

nikki.s.
nikki.s.

About
I am a single mom. I love to write. I have an active imagination. I am using my writing to let go of what haunts me and who I used to be. more..

Writing