Compassion

Compassion

A Story by Isabella Debussy
"

The relation of a human and animal.

"

About 6 years ago a little girl was skipping up the stairs of her building as the lift was out of order, with two pigtails tied up tightly on both sides of her head and her sport shoes squeaking to the beat of her skips she climbed up four floors, she was panting heavily as she rung the bell to the door of her house. A tall beautiful woman opened the door and offered the girl water as she entered the house.

"Thanks mom, skipping 4 floors is not as easy as it looks !" the little girl squeaked in her tinee tiny voice.

"Sabi, i think you should take rest dear your panting very much and yes please take your medicine on time dear or else you will start having the cough again, and dear on your way to your room better check under the table theres something for you there!"

The little girl was completely clueless but she did what her mom said; she bent down and got under the table and saw a grey ball of cotton kept there with dark black stripes. She was confused; why would her mother gift her a cotton ball ? But just then the girl went forward and touched it. And that cotton ball actually turned out to be a little kitten, a little black siberian kitten with dark black stripes and golden eyes with pitch black pupils. The girl squeaked from under the table and slowly took the kitten in her hand and ran up to the kitchen screaming 'Oh My God', She was so very happy to have a cat because she had a soft corner for cats. When she used to walk on the roads and find a little kitten sitting and 'Meowing' she would squeal in excitement and always ask her mother if she could take the kitten home! She ran upto her mother to thank her and considered that day as one of the best day's of her life !

Today six years have past and the girl is now 16; she sits on her desk looking at the phases of her life in the past six years and how she always had a friend with her throughout these six years. Even today when she sits glumly in her room her cat walks upto her and sits in her lap purring or maybe trying to tell her that 'Don't worry things will turn out to be good' or 'Don't take stress you will pass in your tests'

Even today when she comes home she first goes to her room and talks to her cat; and people may think she is completely retarded but when you look at her sitting and talking and when you look at her cat it seems like her cat understands every word of she is saying.

Infact once a car ran over her cat and all the reknowned Vets and doctors gave up. They all had the same diagnosis, all of them said he can neither live nor walk. Her parents told her that maybe instead of making her little cat suffer she should put him to rest forever. But she was determined to keep her best friend alive. Everyday she gave him his so called medicines on time and tried to make him walk. And it turned out to be a miracle!

One night she was sitting with her cat in her room and she was crying thinking of how her cat would never be able to walk, she was explaining to her cat that how people were telling her to put him to rest, how she started to feel that the people were maybe right. Just then the cat meowed and she looked towards him and squeaked in joy, he was slowly walking towards her. The diagnosis of the doctors was proved wrong as her love did the trick for him!

Today after suffering all the pain and hurt her cat celebrates his victory over death. Even today the girl and him snuggle up in bed at night like they were the best of friends for life.

Even today the girl knows that no one can ever do anything to replace the love and passion in her for her beloved cat.  ___________________________________________________

A true story by and of

Isabella Debussy a.k.a Sabista Khan

 

 

© 2008 Isabella Debussy


Author's Note

Isabella Debussy
Please ignore the mistakes with punctuation marks and grammatical mistakes. (if any)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's one lucky cat!! The way you've covered up so much in a few words...I'm really impressed.Your story is truly an inspiration.I'll remember it whenever I'm going through the tough times.If it gets hard, I'll become a cat and come to your place.Lolz....
It a great story.I couldn't take my eyes off the monitor for even a second.I was transfixed, totally.
If there's something I like best, it's the ending.You've framed the last two sentences really well.There couldn't be a more perfect ending.
Overall, you're one 'TALENTED' girl.Also, you're the girl with two names.Lolz....

Posted 16 Years Ago


Isabella, I truly love this story. My friend Wendy was told her cat would never walk again. She cried and did research, no answer, but refused to let her kitty die. She read of kitties that live and walk despite the medical advises, and that's how we should approach life, :) ---mishy

Posted 16 Years Ago


I started to read this story thinking it is a child`s tale
and I will just look quickly. Strange thing happened,
before I realized what I was doing I had finished the story
and was sitting here very pleased.
This story should appeal to everyone, it is exceptionally well
written. If any mistakes exist, I did`nt notice, the meaning and
pictures painted by the writer completely absorb the reader.
Beautiful story ! Very well done.
---- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this will speak to a lot of people. Almost everyone has lost a pet at some point.

I lost one of our cats this past Christmas so I fully understand the grief associated and appreciate the story you tell.

The only real criticism is in the style...it flowed fine but it was like a stream of consciousness without any transitions. If that was intended it worked well. But fleshing it out would help it. It moved pretty fast.

Good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 23, 2008
Last Updated on March 23, 2008

Author

Isabella Debussy
Isabella Debussy

Indian city people won't even know where it is, India



About
I'm an average 15 year old girl from India, My actual name is Sabista Khan and i have a passion for writing. I also design graphics and music is very close to my heart! If you need to know anything mo.. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kiss Who? Kiss Who?

A Story by T. L. O'Neal