Too dangerous

Too dangerous

A Chapter by Isemay

Miryil looked over her ruined armor. It could be manually readjusted to fit, but there was no point. The protections granted by it would be weakened at best and completely ineffective at worst. She put it back in the bag, they might be able to do something about it at Isemalrocath. She was certain she wouldn’t be granted another sword, however, not like that one.


Gathering the things she would need to get that little thief to the Holy Father quickly, Miryil was annoyed that she would have to take her alone. Despite Esus’ objections, there was no way around it. If the goddess was angry with Charyic, and she refused to appease her, there was no way the girl would live a long life. She needed to be kept silent until she reached Isemalrocath and they needed to get there without delay.


Esus continued to argue the entire time Miryil was tying the gagged girl into her saddle. Miryil barked at him to either help or get out of the way. Erech pulled him back and kept a hand on his shoulder firmly as Charyic was led on out her horse at a trot.


Miryil got as far as she could before she needed to stop for the night. She untied the girl to eat and then bound her again with a warning, “Even if you manage to escape from your bonds, I have your blood from Anykrocath. I can hunt you down anywhere you go. If you want to live I advise you behave and stay put.”


The girl looked at her sullenly and Miryil took pains to make it difficult for the girl to move without waking her should she fall asleep. The horses had been cared for, and the small fire had been banked. Miryil settled in to wait out the night.


She woke to a blinding light and Esus’ murmuring. The dark haired man frowned down at her. “I told you, she can’t be taken alone.”


Miryil blinked getting used to what seemed sudden daylight. “What,” she tried to sit up and almost fell back, dizzy.


“You were stabbed in the throat with a short sharp blade, and hit in the head for good measure.” He brought a hot drink to her lips. “Drink. You might have bled to death if I hadn’t harangued Ivhir into following you. He was only an hour behind you.” His mirrored eyes were hard and angry. “He had the sense to take my grey moldase in case he needed to summon help. And he managed to keep you alive until I arrived. You’re lucky, that’s probably the first time she’s ever tried to kill someone in earnest.”


Miryil sighed. “Get the cloth, hunt her down.”


Ivhir barked a harsh laugh. “The cloth is gone. Both horses, everything but your almost dead body was gone when I got here.”


“Where is she going?” Miryil muttered.


“To the mountains. As far as she can get from Light Bringers and Princes and priests of Anyk.” Esus pressed her fingernails looking at their color. “You’ll have to go back to Lallareth, you’ll need rest and fluids for a few days at least. I’ve already sent the brown moldase to Gaelel requesting men to keep watch.” He stood and sighed rubbing his brow. “Ivhir, make her a litter and take her and the horses back to Lallareth. I’m going to go find Charyic. You’ll be able to find me when the men arrive and relieve you.”


“She’s too dangerous to corner alone, Esus. You said so yourself.” Ivhir said with concern.


“I’m not going to corner her. I’m going to keep watch.” He sighed. “I’m going to keep my distance.”



© 2017 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on July 23, 2017
Last Updated on August 27, 2017
Tags: fantasy, original, royalty, priests, prophecy

Song

Cry

By Isemay

Joy

By Isemay

Go

By Isemay


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay