Not capable

Not capable

A Chapter by Isemay

Malav taunted the short stumpy man between blows. “You came to steal her away, Esus? My Charyic is safe. And she wouldn’t leave with you if you could find her. What could you offer her?”


Esus panted and bled. Malav was enjoying this. “If she could see you now, weak, bleeding, pitiful. It almost makes me want to have her fetched.”


A coughing came from the cell door. Malav turned his furious gaze to the opening. “Cerik.”


“Your lady wife is missing, your Highness.” The words were spoken in a clipped disapproving tone.


“My,” Malav took a moment before turning to the man in chains before him and landing a vicious blow to his kidney. “Where is my wife?” He growled.


“Here, your Highness.” Cerik answered for him.


Malav looked askance at the man. “On hearing that she had stoved in the head of her maid, and remembering your wife’s skills, I went immediately to your chamber. Lady Vanyic is dead in your bed, with the word ‘dissolved’ carved into her forehead.”


Malav swayed. “Her temper matches mine.” He said slowly after a moment. “Search the castle and grounds. Find my wife and make certain she is unharmed.”


“At once, my Prince.” Cerik turned on his heel to relay the orders.


Malav stepped away from chained man. “Guard this cell. If she heard me being summoned she may try to free him. She is not to be harmed.”


He wanted to see the body for himself. He took the stairs two at a time.


Looking at Vanyic he felt bitter. Charyic had not needed to worry, Vanyic would have been his mistress, never a wife. To be loved by two women after he had thought himself to be undesirable for so long had been sublime. And now he would need to find his wife and persuade her again to love him. He would not allow her to leave him.


He watched as the corpse was removed from his bed. He would have done the same in her position. She must have been in the room to hear the conversation and she had not taken the opportunity to attack him. She would have had the element of surprise and a weapon. Malav’s smile was grim. Perhaps his Charyic did not truly intend to give him up either. She had merely dissolved his attachment to the other woman.


When he had his staff back in his hands he would know for certain. He would be able to see how she might be won back. She wouldn’t be able to get far. The lines would prevent her from fleeing to the Light Bringers and the terrain would prevent her from fleeing far in any other direction. She carried his child. His Charyic was not capable of the strenuous exertion escape would require.




© 2017 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on July 28, 2017
Last Updated on July 28, 2017
Tags: fantasy, original, royalty, priests, prophecy

Song

Cry

By Isemay

Joy

By Isemay

Go

By Isemay


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay