Back to Gaelel

Back to Gaelel

A Chapter by Isemay

The blessed of Anyk be damned. Miryil almost wanted to laugh. Without an army, there was no chance they could retrieve the infuriating Charyic, much less Esus. She heard her commander arguing with one of the generals on the periphery of her awareness, but couldn’t focus on the words. Exhaustion, disbelief, and frustration made her head swim.


Her commander took her by the arm, “Our presence is no longer required it seems. Are you alright, Miryil?”


“Fine. Just.” She rubbed her face. “Exhausted.”


“You’ll stay and rest while the others are recalled.” A pointed look to the General followed. “We leave when our people return.”


“Of course.” He nodded curtly and Miryil was led out of the room.


She was taken to what seemed to be a portion of the guard’s barracks bordering the castle and fell into a cot after pulling off her armor. She didn’t bother to bathe. When she woke low voices were arguing about waking her.


“You’ve already woken me.” She growled. “What do you want?”


She heard Erech’s quiet laugh, “To rinse the stink off of you before we leave. We’ve been asked to go as soon as possible.”


Miryil grunted and pushed herself up off of the cot, stifling a groan at the soreness of her body. “Bring the water.”


Erech snorted, “There’s a tub for you they’re filling now. I think the commander insisted on it to be spiteful, but a simple rinse off isn’t going to get the smell off of you after you’ve marinated in it.”


She glared at the man and was rewarded with his amused grin. “I can clean my armor while I wait.”


He shrugged, “Already been done.”


Miryil sighed and rubbed her neck. “Fine. I’ll go see if the water is ready.”


She rose and stalked in the direction Erech pointed, finding a tub of hot water almost filled. The servants insisted on helping her strip out of her filthy, smelly garments and gave her a rinse before allowing her into the water to wash. Too dirty to bathe seemed to be their assessment. She would have done with the rinse, but she had to admit the water felt good. Miryil bathed gratefully.


After her bath, she found someone had arranged clean clothes for her and she joined the others who were waiting in the barracks. No one was happy about withdrawing, but they had their orders. Back to Gaelel. Without Esus.  




© 2017 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on August 2, 2017
Last Updated on August 2, 2017
Tags: fantasy, original, royalty, priests, prophecy

Song

Cry

By Isemay

Joy

By Isemay

Go

By Isemay


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay