Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Itislaissezfaire
"

Best friends aren't only the case

"

            “Was a woman.”

            “What do you mean?” I asked a bit confused.
             “Was a woman. She was my mother.”
              “Your mother?” Okay, now I was very confused. “So she really does exist?!”
             “Did. She died and I took her place.”
             “Wow. Well if this makes you feel better, I don’t have a mother.” I lowered my head, trying to remember any memory shared between us. I couldn’t, except that lullaby.
              “I’m sorry but I do not feel better.” He said, with no emotion.
             “Well thanks for being so sympathetic buddy.” I said, sarcastically. I tried to smile but I couldn’t. Hearing the word ‘mom’ come out my lips had made me realize what I was missing.
            “So,” I continued, “if you really are this ‘Mother nature’, what are you doing here, at my house?”  He looked at me, his eyes concentrating on one part of my face.
             Finally, he spoke. “You wished you were a tree. I came to grant your wish.”
            Right away, I burst out laughing. I couldn’t contain in. This guy seriously was going to change me into a tree! After finally calming down, enough to where I could crawl of the floor and onto the chair again, I said,
             “Omg! You’re serious?”
             “Yes. Why shouldn’t I be?”
             “So then you actually heard my wish?”
              “I am Mother Nature.”
            “I still don’t believe you are.” I squinted my eyes, trying to keep a serious face, but in the end, it was a total failure, because I found myself rolling on the floor laughing again.
            “I’m sorry,” I apologized, when I had regained my composure. “This is just a weird and freaky situation.”
            “School has started,” he said out of the blue. I looked up at the clock. 8:50 a.m.
             “S**t!” I grabbed my backpack from the chair, slinging it over my back.  “I have to go. But I’ll be back at 3:30, okay?”
             “Weren’t you going to stay home?”
             “How do you… never mind. Yes, I was, but then I remembered I have an F in one class and I don’t feel like spending my summer in school. So please, wait here until I come back, but don’t let anyone see you!” I yelled running out the door.  I don’t know if he even listened, but I had to get my bottom to school!
______________________________________________________________________________

            
             “You’re late.” Ms. Clemmons stated.  
             “I know. Can I just get a late pass and go to class?” I sighed.
              “You know, Hope, you are this close to having to attend summer school.” Her thumb and pointer were about an inch away.
             “I know. I know. But honestly, how long have you known me, Ms. Clemmons?”
             “Well. Since you were very young, Hope.”
             “Small town isn’t it?” I smiled. “So please, just this once, can you forget I was ever late and let me go to class?” I pleaded. Something she could never deny, I put on my puppy dog face.            
             “Oh gosh. Hope, you’re trouble, you know that?” She handed me the slip.
             “That’s what they say!” I said proudly, skipping out of the office. I was sure everyone in the office, rolled their eyes.
            School had started off with a bad start, not that I wasn’t use to it. A disciplinary lecture was given out, a few bad looks, and some gross gum to the shoe, had completed my day. But in the end, my mind really didn’t stick to all that. Instead, it froze itself on mystery man.
            “Hey!” I said pushing Amber against the wall as the lunch bell rang.
            “Will you watch it? I just got my hair done!” She whined.
            “Oh ya...It’s nice,” I hurried, “Um, listen. I was wondering if you could drop by after school today.”
             “Why? I’m not going to do your homework, Hope. I finally got rid of that image.” She said, eyeing the hallway.
            “What image? Total dork?” I snorted. “Come on Amber. You’ll always be my little nerd.”
            “Get off of me.” She ordered, pushing her way past me, settling her self against the opposite wall. “Fine, I’ll come over. But I’m not your little nerd!” She shuffled off.
_____________________________________________________________________________  
 
            “Okay, what you may see might come as a surprise.” I instructed, covering Amber’s eyes. We were right in front of my door. Nobody was home, so I could take all the time I needed.
            “Can you just show me already?” She sighed, flapping her arms. I laughed.
             “Fine,” I said, opening the door. Please let him be there, I pleaded.
             And there he was, smiling softly, a tray of cookies in his hands.  What the... I thought, instinctively dropping my hands. What happened next took me by total surprise.
            With one swift movement, Amber sprung herself from my grip and into Mother Nature’s arms, where an instant reaction took place. He dropped the cookies, all the while, falling backwards, into one of my dad’s favorite figurines. I screamed, lunging forward, hoping to grab one person’s arm. I missed, sending my self tumbling forward, adding more weight against the mess. I remember clashing into Amber, clinging tightly to him, all the while hoping God would have mercy.
             “Wow! Hope, you never told me you had a total hottie!” I opened my eyes, to Amber squealing and hugging him.  We had missed the figurine. I sighed.
            “He’s not mine.” I said, brushing off pieces of cookie. Mother Nature looked dazed, leaning against his arms, trying to gain support for my friend.
             “Get off of him,” I ordered. “You’re killing him.”
            Against my orders, she clung to him even tighter, wrapping her legs around him.     
          “So if he’s not yours, can I have him?”
          “Hi ya!” She said to him, with her extremely flirty voice.
 


© 2008 Itislaissezfaire


Author's Note

Itislaissezfaire
Note: this is a rough draft. Please do not mind to the spelling errors. Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
Added on July 17, 2008


Author

Itislaissezfaire
Itislaissezfaire

FL



About
I live to write. I write to live. That's just me. Writing allows me to lock onto a world that will never be; to explore the depths of imagination, and to express the ideas that I have been holding in .. more..

Writing